Home

Official discuss the Football-gaming Videos and Info here

This is a discussion on Official discuss the Football-gaming Videos and Info here within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2003, 08:03 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Official discuss the Football-gaming Videos and Info here

Well, I don't know what to say to you, except the OPM that I bought was $9.73.

Also, there are different game speeds that you can change, and also, the CPU usually lobs their passes as if you were them, you are tapping the button to throw it, and not holding it.

And if you don't like the running game... then GET OUT!!!

I mean it's very hard to coordinate it right, and anyways, they would run like that on breakaways, and I don't know when video games will be able to have player sensors on the field so the guy can change the way he runs depending on how close or far away someone is. They really only mocapped the running where the guys are sprinting in front of the defense. Plus, that's how people sprint. If you don't hold onto X or charge up, then they are kinda leaned forward instead.

As for those highlight lefty-righty things... just like it was said in another post, they make a clip of 22 gridlined players, record it, and make a highlight... then they generate a red, green, and blue colored rendering of what the highlight was supposed to look like with the 22 players playing. So when they made the gridlined play, the QB was right-handed when Vick threw it.

I don't know what else to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2003, 08:06 PM   #42
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

If you wanna know why the running game looks so fast is becuase LBZ said,"I have the game speed on fast"...

So theres your answer to that question..
Old 08-22-2003, 08:11 PM   #43
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

wow looks like the AI this year has some surprises for us

Quote:

LBzrule: OK fellas this is cool. I played and lost my first reg season game in Seahawks franchise. These bastards, did a Fake FG on me man . I was totally unprepared for it. Also on the fly subs can be done by formation or by package. Man that was a hell of a game. Deuce McCalister was big for them. 25 carries 148yds. They seem to try to get you set in trying to defend a certain style offense then BAM they pull one on you. Brooks scrambled 2 times in that game for 21 yds. Man coverage cost me there. Telling ya, when you face a scrambling QB regardless of which game you are playing, Man coverage is your enemy.

Old 08-22-2003, 08:15 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 14

Yeah, the demo also has on the fly subs. Before you pick the package/formation, press Circle (B for Xbox), and all I know is it will at least change the WR's... don't know about running backs. Square (X on Xbox) does some sort of substitution also, but I haven't figured out what it was yet.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:44 PM   #45
All Star

OVR: 32

X (Square) chnages the running backs, Y (Circle) changes the wide receivers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2003, 09:28 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 10

After watching all the movies posted at footballgamimg.com and all I can say is there is a snowball's chance in hell that all these people that reviewed ESPN NFL Football already had a reviewable copy. Even if they did (which I dout) could honestly say Madden2004 is better.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:28 PM   #47
pgp
Rookie

OVR: 1

well i bought the OPM with demo disk (i saw it at the store and said f it ill just get it), i haven't played it yet but i'm about to. if speed is what made that play look so awkward, i think i'll stick to the normal speed setting. i remember this setting being in nfl2k3, but for some reason i didn't notice much of a difference in the actual speed of the game.

also, about the QB left/right handed thing, it's not a big deal, just something i noticed. i seriously doubt it will make or break the game for anyone thinking about buying it, just an observation.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:34 AM   #48
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

All I can say about these videos - SWEET!!! Can't wait to play it - especially on XBL!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »