Home

OMG what's up with this? Come in about BETA-7

This is a discussion on OMG what's up with this? Come in about BETA-7 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2003, 11:55 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: OMG what\'s up with this? Come in about BETA-7

lollol....Damn I wish its Beta-7's info....Booo who cares about chalk..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2003, 12:13 AM   #26
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I have just one question. How many of you guys blacked out when playing the demo? How about attacking people without knowing it?
Old 08-30-2003, 12:15 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:

KDRE said:
I have just one question. How many of you guys blacked out when playing the demo? How about attacking people without knowing it?

Not demo but beta. He calims to blackout when playing FPF a extreme amnount of times.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:19 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

Mossfan8480 said:
Quote:

KDRE said:

Not demo but beta. He calims to blackout when playing FPF a extreme amnount of times.

Now I would understand his constant headaches from looking through millions of frames, trying to find weird messages in the game (i.e. DESTROY), but BLACKOUTS!? Come on beta_7, be more original than that.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:22 AM   #29
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I for one think this guy has brain problems. Why would anyone spend an exaustive amount of time trying to tear down a company over one game that isn't even released yet?

This guy obviously hates VC, but why would they risk being sued by tens of thousands of people by sending out faulty brainwashing, epileptic software?

The video game watchdogs would be all over this one, and they'd try to shut VC down, believe me. Remember the controversy over the GTA content?

This guy whoever he is has to have no life, and is completely miserable to continue to make up things about a company, and be the only one out of hundres of beta players, including the ones that post here to have problems.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:45 AM   #30
WAZ
Rookie

WAZ's Arena

OVR: 5

That's what I thought at first... but I really think it's Sega with a Blair Witch-style marketing ploy.

The videos are all too "convenient". For example:

- How many video interviews has VC EVER done? Any besides for MAJOR publications like Gamespot? Beta-7 said they posed as students or something... why would Greg Thomas, the PRESIDENT of the company, allow a COMPLETE STRANGER who's a "student" (not even a major gaming publication) INTO HIS PERSONAL OFFICE, WITH A VIDEO CAMERA, for an interview about ESPN Football?

- How is it that all these tackling/blackout scenarios all "happen" to have a video camera rolling at EXACTLY the right time? People just "happen" to be taping their rollerblading, someone "happens" to have a video camera at the beach, THREE DIFFERENT PLACES all "happen" to have security cameras rolling AND send them NOT into the police, but to a random website whose "URL they got from a friend"?

- Anyone notice some pretty poor acting in almost ALL the videos? There are onlookers in many of them, but no one seems overly, realistically concerned about what's going on.

- The game is due out in 6 days. It's just now getting some more major attention...

Seriously, this is like the Blair Witch Project. Behind the scenes, the movie makers were hiring actors, staging fake videos, setting up fake websites, "secret documents", getting the ball rolling on message boards. Come time for the movie to come out, and everyone had to see it to see what all the hoopla was about.

Quite frankly, I applaud Sega, if this is indeed what this is. I think it's freaking great.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:15 AM   #31
WAZ
Rookie

WAZ's Arena

OVR: 5

Also note how much of the stuff actually plugs the game.

Every site in connection with this "conspiracy" has an inane amount of links to game information. A single paragraph just "happens" to have links to exclusive screenshots, movies, fan sites.

Beta-7: I hate Sega; check out this GamerChuck site. GamerChuck just happens to have exclusive screens and movies of franchise mode, the crib, etc. Now how about you check out this site which claims it may be a hoax. Every sentence just happens to link to gaming sites and more game media.

The "interviews" themselves even...

Jeff Thomas: "Hello, complete stranger, nice to meet you. We just finished our newest game, ESPN NFL Football, and it turned out excellent." Camera guy: "Oh, that's that game with First Person Football, right?"

And the Greg Thomas one... "Here's a history of VC, about our views on video game production. Here's information about how revolutionary FP Mode is, how cool the crib is, how great the game plays. And in response to your question about people breaking chairs when testing the game... the game will be released September 2nd."

Seriously, I think it's a kick-*** marketing stunt. But you can tell it's just that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2003, 03:26 AM   #32
MVP

Your opinion about how beta-7 can't be not involved with sega pretty much hit the nail on the head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »