Home

Demo impressions

This is a discussion on Demo impressions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2003, 09:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Demo impressions

Well, being a huge 2K3 fan, I was really looking forward to the demo. So I've been playin it for a bit now, and honestly I'm far from impressed. I'm finding it next to impossible to complete a pass longer than a couple yards, whenever i throw the ball itjust bounces off my receiver (with a really bad sound effect I might add). The camera angle is horrible, especially when trying to run the ball. It zooms out so far I cant see my blockers.

And what's with the running animations? It looks like the players are running with their head up, sticking their chest out. Looks really odd to me. I want to like this game, I havent liked Madden in years and Fever sucks, but I'm having trouble doing it right now. Maybe I just need to spend more time playing it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2003, 09:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Demo impressions

I had some of your same problems, but I stuck with it and I think the Demo is great now. You really can not play this thing like 2K3. I can pass with ease now. I have been playing the demo a while now and today I went back to play 2K3 and just could not get back into it. I can't wait till I get the full version. Just hang in their with the demo it will pay off. It took me 1 full day just to score in it, but now I can score everytime I play.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:12 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

rhettmatic said:
Well, being a huge 2K3 fan, I was really looking forward to the demo. So I've been playin it for a bit now, and honestly I'm far from impressed. I'm finding it next to impossible to complete a pass longer than a couple yards, whenever i throw the ball itjust bounces off my receiver (with a really bad sound effect I might add). The camera angle is horrible, especially when trying to run the ball. It zooms out so far I cant see my blockers.

And what's with the running animations? It looks like the players are running with their head up, sticking their chest out. Looks really odd to me. I want to like this game, I havent liked Madden in years and Fever sucks, but I'm having trouble doing it right now. Maybe I just need to spend more time playing it...

OMG a game with a learning curve....Oh crap what are we to do..oh I know "GIVE UP"...or biatch...

This game plays dead on...Try jumping on those recievers and making a manual catch...Ever thought of that...

Also complaining about a locked Camera in a demo is kinda weak man...When the retail version has adjustable cameras..
Old 08-30-2003, 10:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Ever thought of not being a [censored you naughty boy]? I shouldnt have to control the receiver if he's all by himself and it bounces off of his hands
Old 08-30-2003, 10:15 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:

rhettmatic said:
Ever thought of not being a [censored you naughty boy]? I shouldnt have to control the receiver if he's all by himself and it bounces off of his hands

Bro I never let the COMPUTER control my fate......Think about that for a minute..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2003, 10:18 PM   #6
Rookie

What button switches to the receiver & catches?
Old 08-30-2003, 10:18 PM   #7
Banned

I am not being a ***...This post needs locked...It is clearly your skills not the game...Plus it is a DEMO...
Old 08-30-2003, 10:19 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:

rhettmatic said:
What button switches to the receiver & catches?

What version do you have Xbox or PS2..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »