Home

i'm really confused... xbox

This is a discussion on i'm really confused... xbox within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2003, 12:33 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: i\'m really confused... xbox

owning both xbox and ps2, it makes it a tough decision, i mean i want the xbox verson, but i also wouldn't mind having the online capabilities that have been "confirmed" for the ps2 verson. the decision is a tough one and purchasing 2 copies is not a consideration, so where should we go for answers? sega's pr reps? i will email them and see what they have to say.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:55 AM   #18
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

twinswinagain said:
i have read alot of reviews of ESPN football and none of the reviews that i have read have mentioned anything about online leagues for either system. so your point abouot why wouldnt they hype this is a good question.
but to automatically asume its only for PS2 is wrong.

Um...VC said in this weeks football friday there are online leagues for PS2. They didn't mention Xbox. So yea, I think it's fairly safe to assume they are only for PS2. Can I be a 100% sure? No. But I'm only going by what VC has said.

Old 09-01-2003, 02:55 AM   #19
cub
MVP

OVR: 7

In those screenshots, the online interface has green borders and trim. That's a pretty good sign they were taken from the Xbox version.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:22 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm hoping against hope that somehow VC and Sega surprise us with online leagues for Xbox. Common sense says "NO," but I just can't stop wishing for it. I don't think Gamespot would be so negligent as to confuse Xbox and PS2 screens, could they? If those screens about the online leagues are indeed for the PS2 then you'd think a site like Gamespot could put them in the right location. Even if they were in some mysterious unmarked folder, wouldn't they by default assume they were PS2 screens because of what VC has already told us, or does Gamespot know something we don't? But then again, one could argue that if there were indeed online leagues for the Xbox, Sega would have hyped them like mad by now.

I don't wanna get my hopes up and then have them crushed, but I just can't stop wondering....
Old 09-01-2003, 10:53 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't understand why they wouldn't include it on the xbox version. Online play with xbox is far superior to PS2 online. Also there was a huge online following of this game from last year on the xbox. So why wouldn't they. The only reason I could see why they wouldn't is because Microsoft either payed them or something to prevent it from competing with Fever or should I say destroying Fever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 11:03 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

BUT I mean if ESPN2k4 is the best football title out people are going to buy it whether its online franchise or not and Fever will have some followers with the XSN. I cannot see why Xbox will not have online leagues, just not on XSN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »