Home

screenshot quality

This is a discussion on screenshot quality within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2003, 11:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
screenshot quality

my question is, how good is the quality of the screenshots in the recent football friday such as this screenshot compared to espn nfl in 720 progressive? im wondering because those screenshot obviously look really nice and crisp and id love for the game to look that good so i was wondering if i would need to have a 720p compatible hdtv to be able to have the game look that good or will it not look that good with even the best 720p hdtv?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 12:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: screenshot quality

Quote:

ohm2k4 said:
my question is, how good is the quality of the screenshots in the recent football friday such as this screenshot compared to espn nfl in 720 progressive? im wondering because those screenshot obviously look really nice and crisp and id love for the game to look that good so i was wondering if i would need to have a 720p compatible hdtv to be able to have the game look that good or will it not look that good with even the best 720p hdtv?

Its like playing a game on your PC monitor but at 57"...That is the difference my friend...

It is like Night and DAY...

So yes if you can afford a HDTV..get one..By the year 2006 all tv will be HDTV compatible anyways...

And NO those screen shots are not in 720p..The game will look great...but no where near 720p..

Trust me I have NBA 2k3 and WSB 2k3...The difference is plain as day...
Old 08-31-2003, 12:58 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Which game is better looking? WSB 2K3 right?
Old 08-31-2003, 01:00 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Which game is better looking? WSB 2K3 right?

The basketball is no slouch...They both look godley..Just put it this way it is hard to play without it...I have a hard time to play games that don't support it "Cough"Madd.."Cough"..

Old 08-31-2003, 01:08 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Sportsmonger my tv supports 480p and 1080i and I have monster componnet cables for my xbox. Will the 720p upconvert to 1080i so that I can see its graphic godness? BTW I have WSB 2K3 for my box too. That supports 720p? I think I'll check it right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 01:11 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:

Mossfan8480 said:
Sportsmonger my tv supports 480p and 1080i and I have monster componnet cables for my xbox. Will the 720p upconvert to 1080i so that I can see its graphic godness? BTW I have WSB 2K3 for my box too. That supports 720p? I think I'll check it right now.

You'll have to check..I'm not sure...My tv supports 480p, 720p, and 1080i..

So I would not think so..

You can try...but if it converts down to 420p you wont be able to tell..Well you will, but you just have to witness what the games look like in 720p...To truely believe what is being put on your screen by a console..
Old 08-31-2003, 01:16 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Lol damn I hope it works. Is there anyway I can tell?
Old 08-31-2003, 01:16 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

What kind of quality does it bring out? Brightness and shadowing? Sharper images? Does sharper images REALLY make the game look similar to true to life detail?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »