Home

Vick doesnt run????

This is a discussion on Vick doesnt run???? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2003, 10:45 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Vick doesnt run????

Quote:

davep said:
I think it's funny that on this board, 90% of the posts have the word 'Madden' in them, and on Madden boards, ESPN is almost never mentioned.

Madden was held as the pinnacle of football games...

Guess what....
Old 09-03-2003, 11:53 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Just finished my 10 minute quarter game, on a slightly modified ALL PRO level. I was Pitt, CPU was ATL. It rained and was foggy in Pitt, looked to me like it rained harder earlier in game if thats possible. 20-13 Pitt beats Atlanta.

Michael Vicks Stats:

19-31 61% 279 yds 42 long 1TD 1INT 8 sacks 26 sack yard lost 1 Fumble 1 Fumble lost

1 carry for 1 yard.....3.0 Avg Yards after first hit.

Not Vick like at all, he tried to run about 6 times when the pocket broke down or no one was open, but he only got past the LOS once, for a one yard gain!

I enjoyed the game very much the little tweaking to the sliders did well(refer to eralier post).

Other stats of interest:

*Maddox 13-23 121 yds 1TD 0 INT 4 SK
*Atlanta was 7-10 on 3rd down conversions, Pitt 4-6
*Bettis 23 car 71 yds 3.1
*Zereoue 6 car 23 yds 3.8
*Dunn 21 car 70 yds 3.3
*Dunn broke 8 tackles to Bettis 7, may have to tweak slider
*5 Drops Between Both Teams

Random Thoughts

If you miss a FG in this game you are horrible...Catch animations really nice and varied....4 plays reviewed, Atlantacalled for 2 had one overturned, I called for one had it overturned, and cpu called one inside of 2 minutes, and it was overturned...****nning the ball was a much more rewarding and enjoyable then Madden....Cant believe I sacked Vick 8 times in the game, Smith had 3, Hampton 1, Bell 1, Porter 3....there are half sacks in this game!!!...Assisted Tackles is a stat...Atlanta(CPU) onvetted ALOT of 3rd and 10 situations...Alot of tackles for a loss, Porter had 7....Time of Possesion stat was all screwy, showed Atlanta with 58:16 and Pitt with -18:-16, some sort of bug....Halftime recap by Berman pretty cool...Crib thin looks pretty worthless, unless you go for that sort of thing, Im not a fan of the Madden Cards eithier.

Gleebo

Old 09-04-2003, 12:03 AM   #11
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18

i played kordell and he tucked and ran a few times and wasn't sliding, he was stiff arming and everything. Chad Pennington took his four yards and took the slide into third.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 01:11 AM   #12
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I played as Carolina and sacked Vick 5 times, but he also had 5 runs for 40 yards. Some slider adjustments could be in order perhaps? It was a damn fun game. Vick would occasionally pick up my blitzing LBs coming up the middle and dart right or left up the sideline. I won 16-13 in 3 OT.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the NFL register a tie after one OT unless it is the playoffs? I was just wondering why I played 3 OTs and each one carried over into the next like it was changing from quarter to quarter. It was in Exhibition, so that could have been why ...
Old 09-04-2003, 01:28 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9

Vick ran quite a bit against me. He had 112 yards rushing. I was using 12 minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »