Home

Animations, animations, animations...

This is a discussion on Animations, animations, animations... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2003, 07:59 AM   #1
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9
Animations, animations, animations...

ESPN Football is certainly an experience to behold. From FPF to the ESPN presentation...its simply an amazing game. Gameplay is top notch as well, to me its THE football game to have this year, and I prefer NCAA in real life...I fear NCAA will be 2nd hat to ESPN Football this year.

BUT

One thing troubles me, how can Sega get SOOOOO many things right, and look past an integral part of what makes a game, well...a great game. Some animations in particular trouble me, mainly smaller running backs (corners, safeties are included here) and the scrambling QB. While the bigger lumbering backs are animated almost perfectly, the smaller backs seem to enjoy speed walking instead of running. Watch a replay and count how many steps a smaller back like Dunn will take in a 5 yard span, their gate is simply FAR too small. Now take that and add the exponent of 2 on it and you have your scrambling QB's....4 steps, count them FOUR steps per five yards. While it certainly doenst ruin the game by any means, it does (to me) reduce the realism that is intended with the game. NO ONE runs like the smaller players do in ESPN.

Am I the only one this bothers? Now, keep in mind, I LOVE this game, its the best game representation of the sport hands down, and will be getting some serious time in the XBOX. It simply boggles me that they could improve on so many aspects and yet the QA Dept at Sega says OK to these animations.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 08:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Animations, animations, animations...

Maybe I am blind, but I am not seeing the same thing. The animations are varied for the backs so far, I have used Faulk and Staley so far. I think they took more steps than that this year, it looked that way too me. I will post again after playing wih more guys, but so far the running is top notch here and the turbo finally works!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »