Home

The Espn football era has begun

This is a discussion on The Espn football era has begun within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2003, 06:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Espn football era has begun

Fellow football gamers,

I've been a fellow Madden gamer for awhile now, and when 2004 came out (like a sucker), went and shelled out my hard earned beans like everybody else. And after playing for over month, got rather bored of it and felt that it was an improvement over 2003 but not much. It should of been called madden 2003 version 2.5 with playmaker and owner mode with suspect gameplay.

Than came, Espn Nfl football, I wasn't much of a fan of the sega series but figured i'd give it a shot anyways. And that was the best choice i've made in a sports video game for some time now. It's remarkable in so many ways. What struck me was how fluid the animations from your back trying to pick up those last two-three yds on the ground for that first down and he actually lowers his head pushing forward his body with his blocker.

To the subtle physics of the ball being swatted by the db's and how they just swarm to make an attempt to haul it down for the int.

FPM, is just sick, how fun is it to be put in the helmet of an aggressive linemen like Sapp and shredding your way to put a huge lick on the QB? Or being in the tinted visor of a Brian Dawkins, as you go for the hard hit on the receiver.

it's a totally different game from 2k3,Sega really out did themselves this year with so many vast improvements but most importantly for someone like myself and others, it's advanced so much in animations and gameplay much more than madden ever did since it first came out on ps2 that a new era has begun..The Espn football era..Holla if ya hear me..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 06:51 PM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: The Espn football era has begun

Quote:

The Espn football era..Holla if ya hear me..

I'd love to holla at you, but I don't have game just yet.

btw, welcome to the boards.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:53 PM   #3
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:

Holla if ya hear me

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
Old 09-04-2003, 07:17 PM   #4
Pro

Chodite24's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm feelin ya YinYang. This was also a surprise for me, being a Madden guy and not enjoying 2K3. I'm obsessed with this year's version. BLOWN away actually.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

Yinyang said:
Fellow football gamers,

I've been a fellow Madden gamer for awhile now, and when 2004 came out (like a sucker), went and shelled out my hard earned beans like everybody else. And after playing for over month, got rather bored of it and felt that it was an improvement over 2003 but not much. It should of been called madden 2003 version 2.5 with playmaker and owner mode with suspect gameplay.

Than came, Espn Nfl football, I wasn't much of a fan of the sega series but figured i'd give it a shot anyways. And that was the best choice i've made in a sports video game for some time now. It's remarkable in so many ways. What struck me was how fluid the animations from your back trying to pick up those last two-three yds on the ground for that first down and he actually lowers his head pushing forward his body with his blocker.

To the subtle physics of the ball being swatted by the db's and how they just swarm to make an attempt to haul it down for the int.

FPM, is just sick, how fun is it to be put in the helmet of an aggressive linemen like Sapp and shredding your way to put a huge lick on the QB? Or being in the tinted visor of a Brian Dawkins, as you go for the hard hit on the receiver.

it's a totally different game from 2k3,Sega really out did themselves this year with so many vast improvements but most importantly for someone like myself and others, it's advanced so much in animations and gameplay much more than madden ever did since it first came out on ps2 that a new era has begun..The Espn football era..Holla if ya hear me..

only i've been a 2k fan since 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 07:37 PM   #6
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

ESPN football has crushed Madden Football this year. If I feel like being a just an Owner maybe Ill put Madden in. But ESPN is a the best football game this year.

Cpre5
Old 09-04-2003, 07:41 PM   #7
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

*Hollas*

Old 09-04-2003, 08:21 PM   #8
MVP

dcleve11's Arena

OVR: 8