Home

Email I got from Visual Concepts

This is a discussion on Email I got from Visual Concepts within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2003, 10:15 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Email I got from Visual Concepts

An Open Letter to Gamers and Parents of Gamers:

By now many of you may have heard the rumors circulating on the internet alleging unintended physiological effects caused by playing ESPN NFL Football, a video game developed by Visual Concepts for our parent company, Sega Corporation. This letter is to inform you that absolutely no credible evidence exists to support the wild accusations being made at websites like www.beta-7.com and others like it. As with all Sega products, normal and responsible use of this game will not result in any physical harm*.

At Sega and Visual Concepts we are committed to providing the most intense, realistic video gaming experience possible. To that end, we are constantly working to improve our technology and break new ground with innovations like the First Person Football feature. However, we also go to great lengths to make sure all of our games are thoroughly tested by a nationwide network of professional as well as amateur beta testers to ensure they conform to accepted industry safety standards before they ever become available to the public.

Thank you for your continued support.

Greg Thomas
President, Visual Concepts
a subsidiary of Sega Corporation

*A very small percentage of individuals may experience epileptic seizures when exposed to certain light patterns or flashing lights. Exposure to certain patterns or backgrounds on a television screen or while playing a video game may induce an epileptic seizure in these individuals. Certain conditions may induce previously undetected epileptic symptoms even in persons who have no history of prior seizures or epilepsy. If you, or anyone in your family, has an epileptic condition, consult your physician prior to playing. If you experience any of the following symptoms while playing a video game dizziness, altered vision, eye or muscle twitches, loss of awareness, disorientation, any involuntary movement or convulsions IMMEDIATELY discontinue use and consult your physician before resuming play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 10:17 AM   #2
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Email I got from Visual Concepts

You are about the 10th person that has posted about this email.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:18 AM   #3
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

I also received it yesterday, i think it is a pretty cheesy advertisement!
Old 09-05-2003, 11:00 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

jake44np said:
You are about the 10th person that has posted about this email.

Sorry. I scanned the titles of the other threads and didn't see anything, but oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »