Home

Limited editing of historic players?

This is a discussion on Limited editing of historic players? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2003, 10:42 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Limited editing of historic players?

I haven't had a chance to play the game much yet, but is it true that you can only edit their name and number? I thought we could edit everything. Are we gettin' hosed again? (e.g. 720p)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 10:44 AM   #2
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Limited editing of historic players?

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
I haven't had a chance to play the game much yet, but is it true that you can only edit their name and number? I thought we could edit everything. Are we gettin' hosed again? (e.g. 720p)

Did they promise you could edit every aspect of historic players? Was that in an interview somewhere, or did you assume that you could?
Old 09-05-2003, 10:50 AM   #3
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

gooberstabone said: Are we gettin' hosed again?

I also wanted to edit all apects of all Classic teams....but after paying $50 for this game and playing it for a few days I can honestly say....the LAST thing I would say I have gotten is....hosed.

This is worth every penny regardless of all the "bug lists" and "doom and gloomers" ...just exactly as it is.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:06 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

fossen said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:

Did they promise you could edit every aspect of historic players? Was that in an interview somewhere, or did you assume that you could?

This is from the July 22, 2003 OS interview...

Operation Sports: Will we be able to edit current team(s) uniforms?

Greg Thomas: You will be able to edit current teams uniforms, accessories, attributes, and even their names to whatever your heart desires. So, if you think Eddie George should be a lot faster than what we rated him, bump up his speed rating. If you want to see Brett Favre wear number 44, go ahead and do that.

Operation Sports: Is there anyway to get a draft class, being that we will not see NCAA 2K4 this year?

Greg Thomas: Players can definitely edit any of the players in the game, including rookies. So, while it would be a large task, players can definitely create draft classes.

Operation Sports: Can we edit classic teams?

Greg Thomas: You can edit all of the teams in the game.

To be sure, he did NOT say that you can edit everything on a historic player... but that, you must admit, is pretty misleading.

I sense a little defensiveness here. Hey, I'm not a big complainer, just a bit miffed. Got my hopes up all high for this feature 'cause I like using old teams.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:09 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Klocker2 said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said: Are we gettin' hosed again?

I also wanted to edit all apects of all Classic teams....but after paying $50 for this game and playing it for a few days I can honestly say....the LAST thing I would say I have gotten is....hosed.

This is worth every penny regardless of all the "bug lists" and "doom and gloomers" ...just exactly as it is.

Well, I see maybe "hosed" is too strong a word. I meant shafted. LOL. j/k. No, I just saying I thought the feature would e there and it apparetntly isn't. Oh well, maybe next year. The game is great so far. I need to find time to play it more though. Too busy lately. And I KNOW I have to play more because on All-pro I STINK!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 11:11 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Yeah, you can only edit name, number and position I think. It is basically worhtless this year because there is a limit on the number of historic players you can edit...I think it is 125...which is about 2 or 3 teams worth. Plus, you cannot edit skin tone and there are a ton of players that have incorrect color...Carl Eller is white in the game, Jack Ham is black, etc...

So, for us diehard classic editors it is a disappointment, but for most gamers a nit...

C
Old 09-05-2003, 11:40 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

capa said:
Yeah, you can only edit name, number and position I think. It is basically worhtless this year because there is a limit on the number of historic players you can edit...I think it is 125...which is about 2 or 3 teams worth. Plus, you cannot edit skin tone and there are a ton of players that have incorrect color...Carl Eller is white in the game, Jack Ham is black, etc...

So, for us diehard classic editors it is a disappointment, but for most gamers a nit...

C

Maybe next year.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:49 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

What Greg Thomas said in the interview was not misleading in the least bit. He answered the question. It is easy to go back and say "oh, he was being shady because he was so vague". Well, at the time, he wasn't asked what you could and couldn't edit, just IF you could.

The only type of person who would be mislead by something like that is one who likes to assume everything instead of actually reading and thinking literally.

That does truly suck about the 125 player limit, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »