Home

Hard to say goodbye to a great game.

This is a discussion on Hard to say goodbye to a great game. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 02:25 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Hard to say goodbye to a great game.

Okay, so this game is great, but if no one can tell me how to use the rushing on offense properly, this game is going home.

How can I trick the CPU about my rushing offense? Say, the play goes right so my HB will go right but the opponent put 2 extra defenders on that position. Now I wanted to go left to avoid the defenders. So I flip the play so I could go left, right? What happens is the 2 defenders just went left also. My WR and QB are very weak so I can't use them.

So any ideas why I should not return this game for ESPN Hoeckey?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 02:28 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 23
Re: Hard to say goodbye to a great game.

PM Bkrich, he would love to help you out.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:29 PM   #3
Pro

RustedWalleye's Arena

OVR: 15

Are you flipping the play or just the route. It will make a difference. Also just because they are moving with your switch doesnt necessarily mean they are going to go that route. Use Counters that take the play the opposite way.

Another trick I like to use is I motion a person the opposite way I want to run a few times and go the other way, or the same direction. Keep mixing up your running and you will find out how to beat the AI defense.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am tempted to say that by all means you should return it for ESPN Hockey, since it looks exceedingly great
Old 09-06-2003, 02:38 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:

RustedWalleye said:
Are you flipping the play or just the route. It will make a difference. Also just because they are moving with your switch doesnt necessarily mean they are going to go that route. Use Counters that take the play the opposite way.

Another trick I like to use is I motion a person the opposite way I want to run a few times and go the other way, or the same direction. Keep mixing up your running and you will find out how to beat the AI defense.

About the rout thing, I don't think the route feature applies to rushing offense using HB. It would be nice though if someone could tell me how. The only thing I knew is I could change the route of my WR but not my rushing players.

The only thing I could find a way to trick the defense is if I use another rushing play instead of flipping the play. I actually don't understand how to save 3 rushing plays on the audible. I better keep checking it before Monday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 02:45 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Did you even go through the Tutorial mode?

What team are you using and what runningback?

I usually motion a guy to the side I'm running to give me an extra blocker. You could flip the play at the line of scrimmage (By hitting "B" then clicking down on the right analog stick) then motioning a TE or WR to that side to help block. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do the defense looks like it will stop your run play. Try audibling to a pass play with a slant pattern in it. More times then not I will audible to a pass and throw to the reciever with single coverage. You have to also remember the defense will shut down plays you like to use a lot.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:04 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Did you even go through the Tutorial mode?

What team are you using and what runningback?

I usually motion a guy to the side I'm running to give me an extra blocker. You could flip the play at the line of scrimmage (By hitting "B" then clicking down on the right analog stick) then motioning a TE or WR to that side to help block. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do the defense looks like it will stop your run play. Try audibling to a pass play with a slant pattern in it. More times then not I will audible to a pass and throw to the reciever with single coverage. You have to also remember the defense will shut down plays you like to use a lot.

Can you tell more on how to motion a guy to the side I am running, please . I did not know about that feature. I did played the whole tutorial but for the most part I did not understand the usage of the right stick other than the obviuos purpose. That means to say I don't know how to use it properly. My team is the Cardinals. I sim the first season and played the 2nd season. I got the first pick which produce a HB with a potential comparable to Marshall Faulk only with a better speed.

Thanks for that info you provide.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:25 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

You can move the D-pad up and down to select what player you want to send in motion. Then left or right to move them into the direction you want them to go into motion. Most of the time I send my FB in motion. sometimes I send my TEs or WRs. Sometimes I send both a TE and FB to load up the side I'm running on. You should also use that stiffarm Emmitt has and shoulder charge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »