Home

Just a reminder (bugs, AI issues, sliders, money plays, etc) threads.

This is a discussion on Just a reminder (bugs, AI issues, sliders, money plays, etc) threads. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2003, 05:32 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 17
Just a reminder (bugs, AI issues, sliders, money plays, etc) threads.

There will always be two type of sports gamers.

Those who play the game out of the box, rarely move sliders and simply like to play video game football.

and

Those who play the game looking for a perfect simulation, obsess with sliders, find every bug and AI issue and report them. This includes all those game killer and money play threads.

So let's all remember this and if you find yourself getting upset at seeing at one of the groups then just avoid those threads. Yes sometimes threads from the second group can get overwhelming but it is always going to happen with the release of each game. You will always find more complaints then praise. In their minds they are bringing these things up to better next years game. There is nothing wrong with that.

Hey I will be upfront and say I am in the first group. You can never make a perfect simulation of the game and life is too short and I play way too many games to jack with sliders all day long.

There is no slider or ingenious AI in any football game that would have predicted Houston beating Miami or Minnesota beating the Packers at Green Bay. Or if they had I am sure there would be a complaint about how poorly the games are simmed.

New England getting shut out... Quick up the offensive sliders and lower the DB slider as NE only had 134 yards on 17 out of 35 passing.

Oh and I don't care what anyone says. Using LT in Tecmo Bowl (NES) on a FG or extra point is a money play as he could block every one. Yet I still used him.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2003, 08:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Just a reminder (bugs, AI issues, sliders, money plays, etc) threads.

VC needs ot fix uni selection. Meaning....when i select away unis for home teams i can't select home unis for the away team. So both teams end up wearing away uniforms.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:29 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:

Oh and I don't care what anyone says. Using LT in Tecmo Bowl (NES) on a FG or extra point is a money play as he could block every one. Yet I still used him.

Amen Brother Hehe LT and Bo were one man money plays! Remember how much actually getting a season to play ROCKED!
Old 09-08-2003, 09:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

bdoughty said:

Hey I will be upfront and say I am in the first group. You can never make a perfect simulation of the game and life is too short and I play way too many games to jack with sliders all day long.

There is no slider or ingenious AI in any football game that would have predicted Houston beating Miami or Minnesota beating the Packers at Green Bay. Or if they had I am sure there would be a complaint about how poorly the games are simmed.

New England getting shut out... Quick up the offensive sliders and lower the DB slider as NE only had 134 yards on 17 out of 35 passing.

Well said.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:14 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I noticed that the stats from my Monday night game were not included in the stat rankings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2003, 09:44 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

My only problem is seeing all the unreachably high solo tackle numbers around the league. Among the many reasons why I was excited about this game was the inclusion of solo and assisted tackles being recorded, but because of the high count, it makes this category useless.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Doubles 50 Y FAde is a money play that the CPU cannot adjust to. The slot receiver runs a fade route and is open almost everytime and the DBs rarely make an interception. They sometimes will bat the ball down, but are often out of position. This play will not work everytime, but if used over and over, it will allow you to get a first down at least once every three plays.

Another money play that has been discussed in the forums is any run play in the QUADS formation.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

LIGHTNING said:
Doubles 50 Y FAde is a money play that the CPU cannot adjust to. The slot receiver runs a fade route and is open almost everytime and the DBs rarely make an interception. They sometimes will bat the ball down, but are often out of position. This play will not work everytime, but if used over and over, it will allow you to get a first down at least once every three plays.

Another money play that has been discussed in the forums is any run play in the QUADS formation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »