Home

My only grip w/ ESPN's playcalling...

This is a discussion on My only grip w/ ESPN's playcalling... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2003, 12:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
My only grip w/ ESPN\'s playcalling...

Ok, on defense I can't find any play that has double man to man coverage and no one blitzing. No, Im not talking about any kind of zone. All I want is Dime Double outs, or double slots(madden has this play) Instead on defense on Dime it seems like every play is a zone coverage play. Or if there is a man to man coverage play, it has 1 LB or CB blizing, and I don't want that. I know Cover 12, 8, etc are good plays to defend the pass but I want double man to man coverage dammit! I know I can double a WR from Defensive matchups, but is there any play that does it for me, a la madden?

edit:I prefer a Dime formation, or Nickel. Not 4-3 or whatever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2003, 12:07 PM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: My only grip w/ ESPN\'s playcalling...

You're not going to see those, sorry.

You can double individual receivers, but your playcall still dictates whether or not a doubleteam actually happens...we have a thread on this very subject already.

As for individual "double" plays, I haven't seen any.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:07 PM   #3
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

you'll be surpised how deep formations can get by setting certain players on blitzes and double teaming others. I shut down people that use vick and mcnabb this way online. Go thru the turorials in the game and you will learn some new things and also read ur manual too.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:31 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

one thing i noticed is MAdden has more defensive plays than ESPN. Not a big deal but its true.

BUT the offensive playbooks are a very nice touch on ESPN, in Madden they all seem to have the same plays in them most of the time.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:22 PM   #5
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

There might be fewer defensive plays, but the offensive playbooks are overwhelming. I really like the ability to edit them easily as well, without restricting your playbook capacity. there are alwasy a few plays that I do not run well, or just don't like, and it's great to swap them out.

I have done no research but 50 base formations and 270 plays has to be the most on the market.

Including flips, multiple hot routes, motion, and easy substituitons, you have an arsenal.

I think VC did an excellent job this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2003, 06:49 PM   #6
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

nbagamez said:
Ok, on defense I can't find any play that has double man to man coverage and no one blitzing. No, Im not talking about any kind of zone. All I want is Dime Double outs, or double slots(madden has this play) Instead on defense on Dime it seems like every play is a zone coverage play. Or if there is a man to man coverage play, it has 1 LB or CB blizing, and I don't want that. I know Cover 12, 8, etc are good plays to defend the pass but I want double man to man coverage dammit! I know I can double a WR from Defensive matchups, but is there any play that does it for me, a la madden?

edit:I prefer a Dime formation, or Nickel. Not 4-3 or whatever

Aomething that might work is a dime coverage against the like a 3 WR or 2 WR and double both out side WRs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »