Home

Automatic CPU Field Goals?

This is a discussion on Automatic CPU Field Goals? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2003, 10:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Automatic CPU Field Goals?

Someone around here has to be the odd bird. I can bring some experience as that to the table

One thing that has bugged me about video football games from day one is that the computer almost ALWAYS makes the field goals or extra-point attempts, much more so with the extra-point attemmpts.

When are video game makers going to address this? What is the point of having a field goal defense against the cpu, if the cpu is going to make all its kicks? I've played a couple of game of ESPN Football, and the cpu has made every single kick, no matter how quick I try to get to the kicker.

It's a pretty small issue in the scheme of things, but I think it would go a long way twoard making video football game experience as great as it can be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2003, 10:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Automatic CPU Field Goals?

I've seen a few missed field goals although to be honest I haven't had that many attempted on me, however the cpu missed a LOT in earlier versions of the 2k series.

I've never missed an extra point so why should the cpu?

It is possible get the occasional block on a kick but it happens pretty rarely. I think its about right, maybe 1-2 blocks a season. If you blocked a field goal every game it would be silly.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:37 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

The problem is that they'll never miss 30-40 yarders in the game but I guess it's fair since the user will never miss also. The AI only missed some really long ones.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

mustardman said:

One thing that has bugged me about video football games from day one is that the computer almost ALWAYS makes the field goals or extra-point attempts, much more so with the extra-point attemmpts.

Maybe when the CPU punts from your 25-30 yard line we could look at it as a missed FG. Field position is a little off, but not by much if they punt into the endzone.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had casey from Carolina miss two against me ....... the 1st two I have seen missed. Maybe it was because I was playing in the rain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 03:29 PM   #6
Rookie

I'm thinking that lowering the Kicking sliders would fix the CPU automatic kicking...can anyone confirm this?
Old 09-10-2003, 03:59 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Back on the DC, the CPU used to always miss FG's against me. Kind of sucked because I was winning games that should have been closer.

I haven't played many games yet on 2k4, but the CPU did ding one off the upright and wide. Otherwise, CPU kickers have been solid on the few occasions that I have held them out of the endzone.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

Cardot said:
Back on the DC, the CPU used to always miss FG's against me. Kind of sucked because I was winning games that should have been closer.

I haven't played many games yet on 2k4, but the CPU did ding one off the upright and wide. Otherwise, CPU kickers have been solid on the few occasions that I have held them out of the endzone.

But what setting was this on? All-Pro? Custom sliders tweaking the kicking slider?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »