Home

Which Player Do You Control On D?

This is a discussion on Which Player Do You Control On D? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2003, 09:03 AM   #9
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Which Player Do You Control On D?

Linemen(DE or DT) most of the time but depending on the situation i will sometimes use the linebacker
Old 09-10-2003, 09:23 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

dline a little more than half the time but it all depends on the situation...i like playing man coverage with my corners...if the other team has a good te and i'm in a zone, i'll cheat over with my lb's and control one of them to make sure i cover their te...my favorite player is brian dawkins (he better not be hurt too bad or the eagles are really done) so if i get up by some points, i'll control him and try to create havoc...i usually don't like to control safeties for some reason, maybe because i'm always calling cover 2's or cover 3's so they don't get to do much...
Old 09-10-2003, 09:41 AM   #11
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8

I play middle linebacker most of the time. I've gotten pretty good at stopping the run, and I LOVE playing zone defense against the pass. I have picked off 5 passes so far with Zach Thomas in my first 10 games, so for some reason i'm really good at pass defense this year! I'm basically not the middle linebacker when he is blitzing, and in that case I will control one of the safties. This is when I tend to get burnt, because I love going for the pick!

One of my favorite things about this game is playing defense... it's so much fun to actually have an impact!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 11:21 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I generally play the middle linebacker or if i'm in a zone i'll take an outside linebacker and double team their best receiver. if they're running well, i'll use the strong safety. i love covering a receiver really well and then picking off the pass. it's so exciting. it really is a lot of fun to play d in this game. it's like NCAA 2004.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #13
P*ng

OVR: 10

Quote:

rock85 said:
Linemen(DE or DT) most of the time but depending on the situation i will sometimes use the linebacker

amen to that...i play just about exclusively as a DL, but once in a while ill switch to a blitzing LB....any time i control someone in coverage, i tend to get overexcited and just go hunt somebody down and hit em, leaving my zone/man wide open LOL
Old 09-10-2003, 12:12 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

DL and DB. Last night i was the titans, and I was playing this guy who was the vikes. I shut down Moss with a combo of Shulters and Dyson. I got 4 picks. Unlike some games *cough* madden *cough* it isnt impossible to play DB and be succesful
Old 09-10-2003, 02:09 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play cornerback and let the WR get wide open, then make a cut and go for the pick. Sometimes 3 or 4 INTs a game with the same player. Really hurts the run stop tho, so I'll occasionally switch to a lb and fill some holes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 07:36 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

I set up the d with a peterson or winborn up on the line generally right between carter and young. if you set it right you can cause the lineman to lock up with your lb and lets carter who has got wheels to put that heat on the qb. use this when the lb is blitzing. u do need a fast defense too. the niners got a lot of speed on that d.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »