Home

Player progression after the pre-season?

This is a discussion on Player progression after the pre-season? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2003, 12:33 AM   #1
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Player progression after the pre-season?

Finally started my franchise and I was wondering if the player ratings go up after the 4 exhibition games? Seeing how ESPN doesn't auto sub your second string players I was wondering if it was worth it to do it manually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 01:50 AM   #2
Pro

Dregur's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Player progression after the pre-season?

Quote:

Badgun said:
Finally started my franchise and I was wondering if the player ratings go up after the 4 exhibition games? Seeing how ESPN doesn't auto sub your second string players I was wondering if it was worth it to do it manually.

Yes, but a tad weirdly. And only after the preseason of the SECOND season.

-The Grinman
Old 09-10-2003, 05:16 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

My players progress/regress all the time. You must adjust your gameplan sliders before every game to help match up with what you think you'll go up against. I find if you don't adjust them your players don't do squat.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:50 AM   #4
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
My players progress/regress all the time. You must adjust your gameplan sliders before every game to help match up with what you think you'll go up against. I find if you don't adjust them your players don't do squat.

Gameplan sliders? I thought they were for if you simmed your games? It doesn't make sense to set a slider for how much you're going to run or pass when you are the one calling the plays.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Badgun said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:

Gameplan sliders? I thought they were for if you simmed your games? It doesn't make sense to set a slider for how much you're going to run or pass when you are the one calling the plays.

The Sliders are for how much time you spend practicing a certain aspect of your offense/defense.

For example, if you have great CB's you want to bump up the man coverage slider. If your CB's suck, you want to hide that and play a lot of zone (therefor bumping up the zone coverage slider).

And to be honest, they do have a huge affect on your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 09:16 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

where did you get that info from psu it sounds logical though
Old 09-10-2003, 08:26 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've tested this progression thing with game plan when I first got the game. I sim all my games using the Bucs. This is what I noticed, my players progressed after the 4 preseason games and it showed under the player progression options. It continued to show the same progression for about 4 games then the option just disappear. The stats never move for me till after week 17. I did this several times, sometimes with gameplan full for running and other times full for passing and I get almost exactly the same progress for all my players. It seems the progress is predetermined unless a player get heavily injured, because Mike A-Train one time got injured and after recovery from injury, his stats dropped 12 points.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:01 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

This is interesting. I was almost certain that the Gameplan sliders had no affect on games that you manually played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »