Home

Depth Charts

This is a discussion on Depth Charts within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2003, 07:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Depth Charts

I just had a very strange thing happen that I've never seen before. I'm into week 7 of my Packers franchise and playing the Rams. I kick off the ball and head downfield when, lo and behold, who's returning the ball against me but Jeff Wilkins, the Rams own kicker. And he returned kickoffs all game long.

So I'm wondering, anyone else seen anything like this yet, and what can be done about it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 08:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Depth Charts

Well, I've spent a whole day trying to figure this one out, but with no luck. And I see there are no suggestions or comments here either. That's what I love about this place and why I avoid posting. If Madden has young guys starting in their depth chart instead of veterans, then it's time to raise the roof. But if ESPN has kickers returning kickoffs with no way to edit the other team's chart in franchise, or special teams at all from what I've tried, then it's "no comment".

And before anyone even tries the Maddenite label, let me assure you that I've bought and owned every football game from the days of Atari and Intellivision on consoles and Dan Bunten's "Computer Football" on an Apple IIe back when SSI did sports and before EA was founded. I beta tested for Front Page Sports and Papyrus Racing back in the day. Bottom line is that each game has it's strengths and weaknesses. That's why they do reviews and why we have variety. To each his own. Diversity is the spice of life. But it would be nice if people could get beyond that and work towards improving the genre as a whole, regardless of the title on the box.

Not that it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things or that it ruins the game in any way for me, but it is a stupid little annoyance.

My search for a solution shall continue. Well, maybe later today, after some hockey....
Old 09-11-2003, 08:30 AM   #3
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

SUb him out in the substitution in game and there should be a way to do it out sife the game also. Use search here and look for the post about subbing out players through the playbook
Old 09-11-2003, 08:38 AM   #4
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

maddog52 said:
Well, I've spent a whole day trying to figure this one out, but with no luck. And I see there are no suggestions or comments here either. That's what I love about this place and why I avoid posting. If Madden has young guys starting in their depth chart instead of veterans, then it's time to raise the roof. But if ESPN has kickers returning kickoffs with no way to edit the other team's chart in franchise, or special teams at all from what I've tried, then it's "no comment".

Yes, you've done it! Once again, a brilliant mind has cracked to the very heart of the OS Conspiracy!

Maybe no one else has noticed it?
Maybe you missed the first-week nit-pick bandwagon, and now people are simply playing the game?
Maybe everyone would rather simply accept that any published software will have flaws?

Or, maybe you'll be getting a visit:
Old 09-11-2003, 08:41 AM   #5
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

No one replying to this means that the site is "Pro ESPN"????
Maybe no one has an answer for you as they have not seen this problem.
As for your "rant" with your background etc.. What the heck was that for. You call the site out as being "pro ESPN" , and then post this off the wall history of yourself to "prove" you are not a Madenite...

Nothing you did/posted makes any sense what-so-ever.... Either that or I picked a bad day to quit crack....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 09:09 AM   #6
Rookie

The "rant" was actually a hopeful attempt at preconditioning the statement from exactly this type of over-reaction. I hoped that the background might give some credibility to avoid the auto-labels that these type of questions/comments inspire. And I didn't say that OS was pro ESPN, but this forum most definitely is. Just like if you post anything in the Madden forum regarding ESPN, you will get jumped on equally as strong, unless it is a post about converting. Any type of post regarding comparision is vulnerable. I think it would be rather unrealistic or naive to claim that this is not true. Just a quick view of any posts regarding the other game in the opposing forum will quickly lead to insults, flames, petty name calling, etc....and very quickly. Many times fossen himself and the other moderators, who generally do a very fine job, btw....jump in and warn people who post legitimate questions that their subject will arouse the wrath and ire of the opposing factions.

Perhaps I did this badly, or in error, but my intent was to try and minumize the typical digression that all too often happens. It's pretty amusing, actually, if it wasn't so detrimental to the actual function of the forums.

As for the actual suggestions I received, I can't go into the opposing teams depth chart in-game because when in franchise, you can only have the controller on your own team or in the neutral position for cpu vs. cpu. I also checked into the sub package before I started the franchise and the package doesn't have him there (thankfully), so I'm assuming it is some sort of glitch in a franchise with either injury replacements or roster moves.

As I said, not a big deal, but one I'd like to try and figure out if we can.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Jarrod is that you my man . Long time no see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »