Home

I now resign as the Bears head coach

This is a discussion on I now resign as the Bears head coach within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2003, 09:25 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: I now resign as the Bears head coach

Quote:

Graphik said:
Quote:

And that bastard Bobby Wade. I'm seriously gonna release him. He drops 3 passes a game. Thats the WR I was talking about in the first post. He has a whole set of plays designed for him and he always gets wide open and drops it. I cant stand that guy.

Yeah, Do you have Bobby Wade fielding punts? errr, fumbling punts inside the 5 yrd?

The funny thing is he is like 4th or 5th on the depth charts. I think I am going to cut him just for "GP"!
Old 09-11-2003, 09:38 AM   #18
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Yes, release him. His catch rating is in the 50s. So is the last WR on the depth chart. I'm just gonna put ethier a TE or Peterson there.

If its one thing I really like about this game, is that the ratings actually count. Even tho I can hardly tell with the cpu sometimes but scouting a team and looking at thier ratings is one of the keys to victory. One key to victory I have yet to try.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:41 AM   #19
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

malleymal said:
I know exactly what u mean, but I use the Chiefs.... the best offense in the league and the first couple games of my season it looked good... then out of nowhere, I cant get a block for anything, My running game is Negative... it is like they know my play.. I try to audible out of the run and even though my team doesnt move the CPU switches to a pass defense on me..... my quaterback gets sacked from blown blocks... this sucks....

2K games have always seemed to create a book of your patterns and stop your favorite plays later in the season. you really need to mix up your plays and know your whole playbook.

for instance, i had a tendency to almost always run after a first down and a few CPU teams would stack 8 guys in the box. i audibled out, but they stopped after i consistently started passing more.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:58 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Radja said:
Quote:

malleymal said:
I know exactly what u mean, but I use the Chiefs.... the best offense in the league and the first couple games of my season it looked good... then out of nowhere, I cant get a block for anything, My running game is Negative... it is like they know my play.. I try to audible out of the run and even though my team doesnt move the CPU switches to a pass defense on me..... my quaterback gets sacked from blown blocks... this sucks....

2K games have always seemed to create a book of your patterns and stop your favorite plays later in the season. you really need to mix up your plays and know your whole playbook.

for instance, i had a tendency to almost always run after a first down and a few CPU teams would stack 8 guys in the box. i audibled out, but they stopped after i consistently started passing more.

oh ok, I got you.... I see what you are saying. I will try that.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:13 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

Graphik said:
Cause our offense sucks pure dookie. I cant take it anymore. The loses...THE LOSES MAN.

Why cant we score a TD.

Why come I got plays designed for a specific WR who has cum on his fingers and does'nt know how to hold on to his own pecker!?!?!

Why come my C got injured and the reserve in to replace him lets DTs through like they paid him a toll at the LOS. He's like a freakin ghost!!

Why come everyplay in my playbook has 3-10 yd designed passing plays when I'm always looking at 2nd and long???

Why come when we get inside the redzone(sometimes at the 1) I cant get in even if I had 1 foot railroad spikes sticking out of everyones shoulder pads???

Why does my kicker have more points than any offensive player on my team after 4 games???

Why do I cry when I'm playing?

Why, why, why??

DOnt get me wrong, I love this game and I've found my perfect set of slider adjustments its just that Sega made my Bears team toooooo true to life and its as upsetting to play with them as it is watching them.

Dammit Sega!! Cut the garbage teams some slack!!!

I only have 420K salary room left in my franchise. 420K ???

Who the hell on my team is worth a nickel??? SUre, A-Train and Urlacher, Holdman and Booker carry the team but...but, who the fuc is taking up all my salary space. I cant get free agents. I know nobody wants to trade for my scrubs. I'm just stuck with these morons until next season.
Life as an owner and coach of a weak NFL team is hell.

Funny stuff btw what sliders are u using?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 11:21 AM   #22
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Hmmm...let me see if I remember.

HUMAN/CPU

Blocking--20/20
Passing--10/10
Running--15/14
Catching--10/10
Coverage--35/30
Pursuit--20/20
Tackling--20/20
Kicking--0/20
Fatigue--0/0

I've been getting some good games but my lack of offense always have me question the sliders until I realize who I'm playing with.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:32 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

LOL I feel your pain. I started off the season 1-3 and most of my points came off of FG's. I only had around $700k to play with at the start, so I started looking through the trading block and saw Jevon Kearse up for auction. His salary is around 2.2 mil rated at 86 with 88 pass rush rating. I offered Kenny Mixon rated 79 worth 2mil (something like 60-ish pass rush rating)) and my 3rd draft pick and they accepted! Since then I've won 4 straight games! In those 4 games he's had 3 sacks and now Hovan is starting to get sacks too because there's less pressure being applied on him. Also I notice that opposing qb's have been throwing more picks because of the added pass rush. I feel like I made the deal of century with that one trade.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:44 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

try the 49ers playbook. i played 2k3 as the eagles w/ the 9ers playbook. i made my own book for 2k4 that is mostly eagles, a lot of 9ers and some other ones thrown in there.

i think a good way to find plays you might like is to think about what kind of play you want (a te primary, fb run, etc.) and go to a team that has a good player at the position you want to feature on that play. for fb, for example, tampa has a lot of plays (alstott). for te, the giants, chiefs, and ravens have some good ones. colts, 49ers have a lot of pass plays that feature primary receivers. rams have some goofy pass plays to mix it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »