Home

salary cap bug?

This is a discussion on salary cap bug? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2003, 03:27 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: salary cap bug?

theres not that much else to say. I have lets say 10 players with expiring contracts totalling 10 million dollars. However, I only have 4.8 million in cap room or whatever other arbitrary number you'd like to plug in there.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:54 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, without a better job on your part of premise, premise support and conclusion, maybe we can understand what you are trying to say:...
So, what I am understanding is that you had (past tense) salaries-contracts which just expired, and now they want a salary bump at the end of your season of that raises their salary to 10M more than it was before, and you only have 4.8 million to do it? And that doesn't make sense to you?

Old 09-11-2003, 04:07 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Poorly Implemented Features ?? That is how it happens in "Real Life" .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 11:14 AM   #12
Rookie

lol no- stay with me here people!

I've got 10 million in EXPIRING CONTRACT, in other words, I've got lets say 7 players whose contracts in TOTAL were 10 million dollars BEFORE THEY EXPIRED, IE player 1 was making 2 million, player 2 was making 1, player 3 was making 950 and so on and so forth. All together, what I was FORMERLY paying my players before there contracts expired was 10 million dollars. However, I only have 5 million available to resign my players. The numbers aren't important- it seems to do this no matter how much contract is expiring. This is not how it works in the NFL. If I cut players, then I'd have cap penalty's, but I didn't so I shouldn't. I should however, have cap space equal to whatever cap space I had available to me before the season ended plus whatever the total sum of the EXPIRING CONTRACTS was worth. Get it?
Old 09-11-2003, 11:36 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

sgrcts said:
this isn' about releasing people, its about EXPIRING CONTRACTS. If 10 million in expiring contracts come up, how can I only have 5 million in cap room?

Wait, you said "expiring" and not expired contracts. Meaning those players are still part of your team at least for a short time. Expired means they are really gone for good. Expiring means they are still in the locker room cleaning there locker. Still part of your team in other words.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:48 AM   #14
Rookie

No, expiring meaning the contract is ending, you have to resign him now.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:54 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

so what u are saying is that u get to the screen where it asks if you want to resign your players who are coming to the end of the contract. let's say that the total is $10M for these guys. it says you have $5M in cap space. the key here is that the contracts are expiring, they aren't expired. you actually have $15M, $10M from the contracts and $5M of space, to resign these guys. think of it like renegotiating these contracts. let's use one guy for an example. in the middle of a season, let's say you want to renegotiate a $1M salary and you have $5M in space. you actually have $6M to sign this guy with. same thinking applies here. sorry for the rambling but hopefully this clears it up (if i'm understanding you correctly).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 12:24 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

sgrcts said:
No, expiring meaning the contract is ending, you have to resign him now.

Okay that is true, but they are still counted on your cap until you will officially release them to Free Agency. Until then you are stuck with what you have. Don't sign them and released them all and see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »