Home

OMG. ESPN online game is laughable

This is a discussion on OMG. ESPN online game is laughable within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 07:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
OMG. ESPN online game is laughable

Ok, let me set the stage for you. Last year 2k3 was by far my favorite online football game. Very intense battles, sometimes defensive, sometimes offensive.

This year all of my online games have been a joke. Complete scorefests. If someone makes one stop, the game is over. I play on legend, its makes no difference.

Here is a sample of the last game played. I am san fran, he is denver. both running and passing are unstoppable. averaging 10 yards per run, and completing 75% of passes. Both sides. Everybody scores on each drive. The game is decided by time running out. We start going for 2 on each drive, and it works every time. So the last player to have the ball will win. He has the ball with 1 minute left. 1st and goal on my 5. i call prevent let him score. he purposes doesn't score for 2 times to run the clock. On 3rd down i call prevent and fortunately i hit him in the back to push him in for the score.

i get kickoff with 40 secs....get it on 45. score field goal with no timeouts in 3 plays to win....what a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 07:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: OMG. ESPN online game is laughable

so learn to play D?
Old 09-11-2003, 08:01 PM   #3
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

cman321 said:
Ok, let me set the stage for you. Last year 2k3 was by far my favorite online football game. Very intense battles, sometimes defensive, sometimes offensive.

This year all of my online games have been a joke. Complete scorefests. If someone makes one stop, the game is over. I play on legend, its makes no difference.

Here is a sample of the last game played. I am san fran, he is denver. both running and passing are unstoppable. averaging 10 yards per run, and completing 75% of passes. Both sides. Everybody scores on each drive. The game is decided by time running out. We start going for 2 on each drive, and it works every time. So the last player to have the ball will win. He has the ball with 1 minute left. 1st and goal on my 5. i call prevent let him score. he purposes doesn't score for 2 times to run the clock. On 3rd down i call prevent and fortunately i hit him in the back to push him in for the score.

i get kickoff with 40 secs....get it on 45. score field goal with no timeouts in 3 plays to win....what a joke.

Its laughable compared to what? Let me guess madden blitz and float online play. Find someone who plays straight and play some D.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:08 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Are you sure you weren't playing Madden?

In all seriousness, I have never played a game on ESPN that has exceeded 56 total points (a 49-7 loss against a friend; I played like crap...) Most of my games are in the 17-24 points per team range, if not lower.

I suggest that, for the future, you might try changing your defensive playcalling, or maybe use different teams. I know that Denver has weaknesses in the secondary on ESPN, which would attribute to Denver's D not being able to stop you. As for San Fran's D, they have some good players, but they are by no means the best D on the game; if I remember correctly they have weakness in their CBs, particularly when you get into the Nickel and Dime backs. Tony Parrish is great, though.

Another idea is to fool around with the Defensive Matchup screen in gameplan. Double your opponent's best receiver, and make sure your best man is always on him in Man Coverage.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:09 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Locked as this exact subject was just covered in another thread. My suggestion learn how to play defense.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »