Home

biggest gameplay innovation

This is a discussion on biggest gameplay innovation within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2003, 11:02 PM   #1
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
biggest gameplay innovation

while first person is amazing in its own right, for me the biggest inovation this year is the gang tackle. you need to use other guys to tackle. in ALL past video games one guy tackled the ball carrier and this was not realistic but it is what you had to do. few NFL backs survive if they can't break a tackle and get tackled by one man too often.
now YOU THE GAMER need to use your other players to stop the run.

learn this and you will. this is the real reason people cant stop the run.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 12:39 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: biggest gameplay innovation

Have you noticed a 3-man gang-tackle or something? Because gang-tackles have been discussed on these boards for a long time.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:21 AM   #3
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Gang tackles hhave been talked about before, but people were just alking about the animation. What he is saying is that YOU, the user, have to gang tacke RB's to bring them down, just like in real life. For instance, if I hit Ricky Williams with the CB, that probably won't bring him down. But if I take control of another CB (or any player for that matter) and have him also jump on Ricky before he brakes the first tackle - then wahla! Gang Tackle. That's how you stop RBs. Period.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:10 AM   #4
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah, I think Radja was talking about the "PILE-ON" gangtackling in espnfl. The way you can come in and help anothe rdefender bring the ball carrier down and knock him back.

IMO, its the most underrated aspect of this Game. Its a true First in football-gaming and I'm sure the other developers will attempt to follow suit next year.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:05 AM   #5
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Yeah, I think Radja was talking about the "PILE-ON" gangtackling in espnfl. The way you can come in and help anothe rdefender bring the ball carrier down and knock him back.

IMO, its the most underrated aspect of this Game. Its a true First in football-gaming and I'm sure the other developers will attempt to follow suit next year.

I think the primary thing here is that THIS is the point of backs breaking tackles. NFL backs that can't, on occassion, break a single tackle don't stay NFL backs very long. Yes, you see good solos, but they come from defenders doing things pretty close to perfectly. I don't have a problem tackling but some people do. I can't stress enough how important it is to square up to the runner and don't hit the tackle button until the last second. Then you'll have no trouble. No won't bring down every back everytime, but if the matchup is good, you'll win the majority of the time.

Now Legend!? I think that mode REQUIRES you to have help AND be charged up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 01:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Have you noticed a 3-man gang-tackle or something? Because gang-tackles have been discussed on these boards for a long time.

It took 4 men and then a lb from the left to stop a rb on 4th and ins. It felt great to get a key stop. I have also seen 3 man tackles, but it usual only takes 2, which is fine since one on one is difficult without thinking ahead about the angle and not diving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »