Home

IGN Guide up!!

This is a discussion on IGN Guide up!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2003, 09:12 AM   #1
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
IGN Guide up!!

Pretty decent guide imo. Alot of good tips, hopefully they will let the non-insiders view it soon.

Click Here

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 09:39 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: IGN Guide up!!

I am not an Insider but I got my boy who is hookin it up for me. I hope it's worth it.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:42 AM   #3
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Gang tackling is very necessary in this game, so try to force a player towards the most other bodies. For instance, On an outside run, try to tackle from the outside and force play inside. Remember, you don't alway have to tackle a man to stop him, either. If you're near the sidelines, simply running him out of bounds will do the trick as well. Be aware of where you are on the field, and use your environment to your advantage.

Diving at offensive players is not as effective as it was last year and should be used as a last ditch effort, especially if you're attempting to tackle from behind. Gone are the days of the ten yard horizontal leap, even if charged up. Try to meet the other head-on as mentioned above, or at least at an angle.

Use turbo when tackling to make a bigger hit, but make sure you don't just glance off of the person you're trying to tackle. Again, being square to the guy is most important. You don't want to take a bad angle and try to tackle from the back or side, the runner will most likely leave you in the dust.

If you're trailing a player and trying to catch up, stay on the turbo button until you get within a couple of steps, or catch up completely. Again, don't dive. That should be the absolute last resort. It is better to give up ten yards of field catching up to a guy than diving at his ankles and missing while he scampers to the end zone.

Old 09-12-2003, 09:50 AM   #4
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

any more excerpts? please?
Old 09-12-2003, 10:36 AM   #5
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

Gang tackling is very necessary in this game, so try to force a player towards the most other bodies. For instance, On an outside run, try to tackle from the outside and force play inside. Remember, you don't alway have to tackle a man to stop him, either. If you're near the sidelines, simply running him out of bounds will do the trick as well. Be aware of where you are on the field, and use your environment to your advantage.

Diving at offensive players is not as effective as it was last year and should be used as a last ditch effort, especially if you're attempting to tackle from behind. Gone are the days of the ten yard horizontal leap, even if charged up. Try to meet the other head-on as mentioned above, or at least at an angle.

Use turbo when tackling to make a bigger hit, but make sure you don't just glance off of the person you're trying to tackle. Again, being square to the guy is most important. You don't want to take a bad angle and try to tackle from the back or side, the runner will most likely leave you in the dust.

If you're trailing a player and trying to catch up, stay on the turbo button until you get within a couple of steps, or catch up completely. Again, don't dive. That should be the absolute last resort. It is better to give up ten yards of field catching up to a guy than diving at his ankles and missing while he scampers to the end zone.

WOW! That's EXACTLY how I get it done. Did they get these tips from someone else because I wouldn't think anyone at IGN would have a clue. Seriously, these "tips" are the SAME tips your coaches give you in tackling and pursuit.

Square, stay on your feet to tackle. Contain and force the play back inside to your teammates.

Real football. Don't you LOVE it!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 10:42 AM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

i'm not an insider either and would love to see more of what they have to say but it may not be a good idea to post info from a paid service for the free public to read.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:44 AM   #7
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

seriously, It's not even worth 5 bucks. why risk it?
Old 09-12-2003, 11:02 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

I had already come to that conclusion. I never knew how much fun playin with the MLB could be. When I was in High School I was a DT but when playin ESPN I have all the instincts of a MLB. I am playin an exhibition game as the Bengals @ Green Bay in the rain and although I trail 21-6 at the half it has nothing to do with Ahman Green. He has 13 attempts for 39 yds and only 7 broken tackles. The best part about the whole thing is that Kevin Hardy(controlled by me) has 5 tackles and 1 assist.

Soooooooooooooooo Much Fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »