Home

terrel owens speed rating and other nfl players ratings

This is a discussion on terrel owens speed rating and other nfl players ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2003, 05:13 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: terrel owens speed rating and other nfl players ratings

Quote:

swigfall said:
Since you guys are talking about editing ratings, EDIT CHAMP BAILY'S CATCH RATING. It's 60 and he catches almost anything thrown his way, He had 14 picks in franchise and thats WAY too many. I put it down to 38 since smoot had more INTS than him last year and he has a 42 catch(I think)

The catch rating for defensive players are pretty irrelevant, because any ball thrown to a defender is usual intercepted, while in madden most DBS drop balls thrown right at their chest because they have a low catch rating.

Speaking of over-rated or under-rated ratings, look at Gannons arm strength, 81 ?!?!
Old 09-14-2003, 05:23 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 12

LETS BE SERIOUS

All the ratings are flawed. I have made it a habit to go through and check everyones stats and change them. I dont know any lineman who can consistently keep up with receivers and rb. there are some, but i think that number tails off at around 7-8. lb is another area that needs change. ray lewis is the best. so no one should be better than him in areas like tackling or pursuit. i think urlacher is good, but he aint better than lewis. not yet. speed ratings should be kept to less than 90 for anyone. 99 is carl lewis. aint no carl lewis in the nfl so we drop that down to 95 should be the fastest guy. and it should be a bunch of guys at 95 cause world class speed and quicks are 2 different things. bennett from the vikes, vick, moss, tim dwight maybe a couple of db's should have that rating. vc has gotten carried away with it so the fact that they give us the choice to edit means you have to do it. i am tired of having old players like rice and emmitt smith runnin away from the d like they were rookies. So i enhance other areas and drop those speed and quickness rating. its the only way y'all.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:20 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

swigfall said:
Since you guys are talking about editing ratings, EDIT CHAMP BAILY'S CATCH RATING. It's 60 and he catches almost anything thrown his way, He had 14 picks in franchise and thats WAY too many. I put it down to 38 since smoot had more INTS than him last year and he has a 42 catch(I think)

Just because Fred Smoot has more INTs in a real-life season doesn't mean he automatically has better hands.... I'm pretty sure he's had more balls thrown his way than Champ has....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2003, 09:02 PM   #76
Thread Killa

TecmoBowl's Arena

OVR: 13

Priest Holmes has a speed rating down in the low 80s (82 I think).

Bump it up a bit and he becomes a 100 rated RB.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:05 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

PlayaHataSupreme said:
Quote:

swigfall said:

Just because Fred Smoot has more INTs in a real-life season doesn't mean he automatically has better hands.... I'm pretty sure he's had more balls thrown his way than Champ has....

I know for a fact that Champ has better hands than smoot, he was a two way player in college. But getting 2 & 3 picks a game with him ain't right. Thats all I'm saying
Old 09-14-2003, 10:24 PM   #78
pol
All Star

pol's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

inkcil said:
I'm done being wriied about the way VC rated the players, I'm fine with it, but some peopel still domn't know TO is top among all receivers in Speed. For example:

I'm watching the Rams-49ers game:

TO just ran down a CB who caught a Int. and was running the other way. TO came back, outran the ENTIRE Rams defense, and caught the DB from behind who made the pick (saving a touchdow). He is Speed.

and that is also one fast DB.. travis fisher caught koren robinson from behind last year.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:36 PM   #79
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

PRIEST HOLMES' SPEED SHOULD NOT BE ANY HIGHER THAN 82. PERIOD.

Yes, I know I was yelling. He runs a 4.72 40-yard dash. He's a damn good back though!!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 04:04 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

Could somebody try to edit Owens rating as the following:
Catch- 93
Run Route- 93
Speed- 90
Agility- 95
Strength- 68
Jumping- 93
Stamina- 77
Durability- 68
Secure Ball- 87
Break Tackle- 91

and tell me what is his overall rating then ?

thanks
these ratings come from Football-gaming.com. I love their ratings but as they are made for madden, i'm not sure they can work in espn.
Kinda work in NFL 2k3...

By the way, why the hell did they create speed (and others rating specific for each position ??
Is there some Lineman that have a higher speed rating than receiver ? And how is it running on the field?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »