Home

For those who still don't have ESPN NFL Football

This is a discussion on For those who still don't have ESPN NFL Football within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2003, 08:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
For those who still don\'t have ESPN NFL Football

I know there are many unregistered users out there who browse this site for info, opinions, and settings (some more frequent than others). I was one for a long time. Maybe this post will be of interest to an undecided late buyer.

I know I'm a bit tardy, but I missed the impressions thread while out of town and have spent the last two and a half days catching up on some serious gaming (pausing only for pizza, bathroom breaks, and the occasional nap--this is the life ).

Now I don't plan to bore anyone with a nitty picky pros and cons post. I just thought I'd chime in quickly with my two cents that "THIS IS THE BEST F*&@IN SPORTS GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!!"

I've owned damn near every football game since Madden '92 for Sega Genesis and I have never been so floored by a title like ESPN's new game. First Person Football is absolutely sick!! Honestly, I didn't even plan on playing that mode it all when I got the game. The first time i tried it I practically got motion sick and left it alone for a while. Then I buckled down and played a full game with it and have been hooked ever since. Third person is great too but I feel like a changed man.

And I've read most of the picky posts out there, but hear this: If you've been playing sports games (I don't care who makes them) as long as me, then ESPN's title has to seem like football nirvana. Sure there's always something for next year, but hey, enjoy the moment with a game that's nothing short of brilliant!!!

Here's to many more!

If you don't have this game already...do absolutely whatever it takes--sell the kids into slavery if you have t0--but GET IT NOW.

I feel a restroom break coming on...ahhh still 29 hrs till work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2003, 08:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: For those who still don\'t have ESPN NFL Football

I just bought my X-Box and copy of ESPN NFL Football a couple hours ago.

The game is amazing!
Old 09-13-2003, 09:07 PM   #3
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Faulk,

I bought my XBOx and ESPN at the same time too - last Saturday. Playing a sampl of ESPN helped me make the purchase!
Old 09-13-2003, 09:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

I thought I wouldn't play FPF that much either but I too find myself playing it alot. I usually get motion sickness in first person games but not while playing ESPN. I think it would be even better if you could look up and down too instead of just side to side. I think this would help in your punt returning.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:29 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
I thought I wouldn't play FPF that much either but I too find myself playing it alot. I usually get motion sickness in first person games but not while playing ESPN. I think it would be even better if you could look up and down too instead of just side to side. I think this would help in your punt returning.

When you are on punt return or kickoff, press and hold white(XBOX) to look down, and release to look back up at the ball!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2003, 06:06 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 22

This game is the best i've ever play..im 29 years old and played them all.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:54 AM   #7
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

This stinks. I'm studying in London for the fall semester so I won't get back to the US until Dec 13th.

Rest assured, a copy of ESPN NFL Football for the PS2 WILL be in my hands on that day.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:10 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

eyeball_kid said:
I know there are many unregistered users out there who browse this site for info, opinions, and settings (some more frequent than others). I was one for a long time. Maybe this post will be of interest to an undecided late buyer.

I know I'm a bit tardy, but I missed the impressions thread while out of town and have spent the last two and a half days catching up on some serious gaming (pausing only for pizza, bathroom breaks, and the occasional nap--this is the life ).

Now I don't plan to bore anyone with a nitty picky pros and cons post. I just thought I'd chime in quickly with my two cents that "THIS IS THE BEST F*&@IN SPORTS GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!!"

I've owned damn near every football game since Madden '92 for Sega Genesis and I have never been so floored by a title like ESPN's new game. First Person Football is absolutely sick!! Honestly, I didn't even plan on playing that mode it all when I got the game. The first time i tried it I practically got motion sick and left it alone for a while. Then I buckled down and played a full game with it and have been hooked ever since. Third person is great too but I feel like a changed man.

And I've read most of the picky posts out there, but hear this: If you've been playing sports games (I don't care who makes them) as long as me, then ESPN's title has to seem like football nirvana. Sure there's always something for next year, but hey, enjoy the moment with a game that's nothing short of brilliant!!!

Here's to many more!

If you don't have this game already...do absolutely whatever it takes--sell the kids into slavery if you have t0--but GET IT NOW.

I feel a restroom break coming on...ahhh still 29 hrs till work.

I agree with you about the game but i have not warmed up to FIRST PERSON yet.That perspective just doesn't agree with me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »