Home

Can you guys imagine what ESPN 2k5..

This is a discussion on Can you guys imagine what ESPN 2k5.. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2003, 07:59 AM   #17
Rookie

roadpimp's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Can you guys imagine what ESPN 2k5..

i just want better stat tracking and better on the field gameplay
Old 09-15-2003, 09:06 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wanna see officials measure for the first down, bring out the chain gang! I dont know why games dont have this anymore, its the exciting part of Football. Even in real life theres a small feeling of suspense and hearing the crowds reaction afterwards is equally as cool. I hope they add that next year.

Also Id like to see more pileups on fumbles and then see the players motioning that they have the ball (pointing towards their goaline). I dont know if the game has this this year (I havent seen it). Its just a small fluff feature but I think it would be extrememly cool.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:23 PM   #19
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

DueceDiggla said:
Threads like this scare me. VC comes lurking through OS for ideas for 2k5 and not one of these posts say anything about improving gameplay. Owner mode, cribs, franchise etc..... Some people like myself never touch any of those things.

The gameplay in this years game is nice but they can always find ways to make it better. That should be the main wish on everyones list, not cribs.

Have you ever considered that developers may just take it upon themselves to improve gameplay? I'm sure someone at EA or Sega will go: "Well, no one's complaining about gameplay, so let's not touch it..."

Well, maybe a couple of posts wouldn't hurt.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:53 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think this is a great game so most of my "wishes" are minor gripes I'd like to see improved on.

I don't use the Crib mode, but it is cooler than Madden Cards for the people who use that kind of stuff. I would be more interested in it if more things were open for those of us who don't play 5 min. games w/ default settings.

I love the idea of the chain gang. I also would like to see better injury animations, including major injuries that have the player taken off in an ambulance or cart.

I'd like the franchise mode continue to be expanded. What I would love is the idea that more to a season than just games. As coach, you should be able to control the team during the week and determine what kind of practices your team will run and what they will focus on (similar to the Coach's Gameplan screen, but more in-depth). You could run two-a-days that would give your team a boost to their stats going into the next game, but decrease their stamina and make them more open for injury. Or you could schedule light practices that will heal injuries faster and boost team morale.

Which brings me to player morale. Players should have a stat that tracks their general level of loyalty to the team. If it falls too far his stats will drop and will not re-sign with your team no matter how much money you give him. If it's high the player gets a boost to his ratings. Different players would have different needs (some want the ball, some want more money, some want a ring and will only be happy on a winning team, etc.). This would also greatly improve the free agent period as it would add another level of depth as you would have to offer a good contact as well as find a way to convince the player to join your team. Think NCAA 2004 recruiting with addition of negotiating multi-year, multi-million dollar contacts.

The e-mail system could be better and include more league-wide information with the top stories of the week a lot like the type of stuff in NCAA w/SI -- maybe they could use the ESPN website that you could pull up on the computer.

I'd like to see the franchise menus streamlined a bit. For example, I'd like to examine the rosters of other teams without having to dig through other menus.

The off-season stuff can always be improved. I'd like a more in-depth scouting mode. Maybe being able to use your scouting targets in various drills to get a feel for them, similar to Madden's mini-camps. I'd also like to see something closer to this year's Madden's salary structure with signing bonuses and back-ended contracts.

Hall of Fame!!! I've wanted this for years.

When I get rookies and young players, put something in their picture other than a dark shadow. I can see this guy look into the camera and wave, but you can't take that same player model and create a phony picture with it? Minor detail, but would add a lot to those of us who like to play deep into our franchise.

And as always, GAMEPLAY, ANIMATIONS, GRAPHICS, and SOUND. Don't allow the competition to catch up. Always be improving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »