Home

i need help in the running game PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on i need help in the running game PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2003, 12:32 PM   #1
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8
i need help in the running game PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

just bought the game a few days ago, but i immediately played on legend level using bill abner's sliders, i consider myself a football pro at these video games, but i'm having a hard time running the ball and i'm the jets using curtis martin, he getting like 15 carries and 15 yds a game, i tapped the speed burst button and nothing that much different occurs and i try to juke with him and it doesnt seem to be effective, i dont really shoulder charge him cuz he's not that type of back, only when i need to. i've been a madden fan forever and i do have madden 2004 for the ps2, it seems the gameplay is smoother on madden than espn, maybe it's just me as well, being a newbie to espn football. i love the graphics and all, maybe i should just commit more time to the game huh? i'm just frustrated i can't run the ball, if anybody could help i would appreciate it thanks sjj2xs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2003, 12:44 PM   #2
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: i need help in the running game PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the problem that seems to be realistic for the Jets this season.

Try playing on a lower difficulty until you get use to the running and following your blockers. Not quite sure what to tell you other than that, following you blockers is the key to running well in this game. Also if you're tapping the button before hitting the juke, try holding down the A button to charge instead, you might find this to be more effective.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:57 PM   #3
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: i need help in the running game PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very true lol, theyre saying (critics) that martin has lost a step, thanks for the advice i'll try anything, i keep hearing how good espn football is and i want to expierence this, but i dont want to get blown out every game either,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »