Home

Official Help Me Before I Break Something Topic :(

This is a discussion on Official Help Me Before I Break Something Topic :( within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2003, 08:08 PM   #1
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30
Official Help Me Before I Break Something Topic :(

lol, seriously, can someone tell me how the hell do you stop the run?

Playing in my franchise, two of my first three games I gave up 190-plus yards(Garner, James), the only reason it wasn't all three was cuz McAllister was out for my game against the Aints.

So then I take my game online today, and I go 1-2, while giving up two 200 yard rushing games...including over 400 yards for Ricky Williams! The only reason I didn't give up any rushing yards the other game was because the guy didn't hand off the entire game(the only game I won of course, lol).

Anyways, no matter what I try, I can't stop the run. I hit the RB, he just pushes me off and continues on...hit him again, pushes me off again...it just keeps continuing. And on half their long runs, I don't even get to touch the RB! Yeah, I'll admit I do sometimes take horrible pursuit angles, but I even tried just putting the controller down and letting the CPU play D for me...they still can't touch him!

I've tried motioning the DL towards the strong side, splitting the DL, splitting the LB, all kind of variations, nothing seems to work. I blitz, but then my guys over pursue or just miss the tackle. I just can't figure it out.

And what annoys me even more is when I run(I use Eddie George), I rarely even get over 5 yards a carry while following my blockers and everything. I know that's how it should be, but it just annoys me that everyone can stop me but I can't stop no one else.

Can anyone give me any tips? I read the topic about defense in general, but everything I tried from there didn't help. Any tips on just rushing defense? Any specific plays? Anything?

PS2 version BTW...if that matters

And a side note...I'm really loving this game online after a day. If anyone wants to play a game online, PM me or look for me in the All-Pro room, I'm not that good, but I make for a good opponent when you need someone to practice new plays against.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2003, 08:41 PM   #2
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Official Help Me Before I Break Something Topic :(

For beginners you could read the guide to a better defense sticky at the top of the page.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:50 PM   #3
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30
Re: Official Help Me Before I Break Something Topic :(

Quote:

hdaniel1 said:
For beginners you could read the guide to a better defense sticky at the top of the page.

lol, I said I read that. It didn't help me, teams still kill me on the ground. I just read their thing about controlling the FS, I'm gonna try that later.

If you wanna delete this topic because of the sticky, feel free. I'm kinda realizing now that i prolly shoulda just posted this in there...

:runs and hides:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »