Home

Does anyone have trouble getting tackles with their LBs?

This is a discussion on Does anyone have trouble getting tackles with their LBs? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2003, 09:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Does anyone have trouble getting tackles with their LBs?

I wanted to know about people who can get 8-12 tackles with their linebackers. I wanted to know how many minute quarters you are playing and how high the human tackle slider is at.

Also, does the CPU run well against you or are you always shutting them out and making tackles behind the line or scrimmage? Where is your CPU blocking and running sliders at?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2003, 10:25 AM   #2
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Does anyone have trouble getting tackles with their LBs?

wsup Vader...heh

I've had a couple of games now ,after tweaking qtr length, where my LBs have registered +10 tackles and thats in 3 qtrs.

Right now I'm using 10 minute qtrs. Thats kinda tough without in-game save but overall realistic pacing and flow more than makes up for that.

Anyway, I'm using 10 min qtrs but use a technique for realistic clock management. When I'm on defense I wait for offensive package/personel screen to come up before picking my play. Though, this helps with more realistic T.O.P., its mainly to help me call better plays defensively. This strategy Works pretty good in stopping the run to.

Doing this I've gotten 120-130 plays a game and about 60-65 plays per team...the NFl average. THe Tackle Stats I'm getting with this are awesome! My guys are stacking up well with the League Leaders in tackles.

I alternate between 4-5 min qtrs when simming. Overall I'm getting very realistic stats defensively and the scores are quite realitic as well. The main thing I'm pleased with is the Pacing of the game. It just has such a realistic flow to it now. Good stuff.

BTW, I'm on All-Pro with CPU block and run sliders at default.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:35 AM   #3
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

No problem here. Read my post about the "horrible" running game.
http://forums.operationsports.com/ub...5&o=&fpart=all
Old 09-20-2003, 06:14 PM   #4
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6

i recommend not diving and just get close to the rb to make the automatic tackle. it seems like the rb rarely ever breaks a non-dive tackle.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

when I started to play I found it hard to tackle but you just have to find the right plays to stop the run ... I often use a crash right or left with front line line and crash on the other side with my LB's and most of the time I stop the other team, and I don't give up big runs ... I play witht the Cowboys and I put Roy Williams against the other RB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2003, 05:19 AM   #6
Rookie

Rook's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm playing a franchise as the Seahawks using 10 minute quarters with Nolefan's sliders I believe (all offense at 10, all defense at 30) and have been getting good results. I just finished my first full season without simming a game and my MLB finished with 117 tackles leading my team. I didn't do anything special but I did control him about 75% of the time with most of his tackles coming off of run plays.
I ended the season near the middle of the pack in run defense with all human and cpu defensive settings set at 30. There were games where I could hold them to about 50 yards but then there were the games where they'd go off for maybe 175 yards against me, so it felt like a nice mixture for me. But what do I know?

Rook
Old 09-21-2003, 10:03 AM   #7
Rookie

okieraider's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm playing my franchise with Da Raduhs using Jistic's sliders and my Lb's avg per game after 5 games are: Barton 9 tkls per game, N. Harris 7 tkls per game and Romo 8 tkls per game. I basically use the line moves with Parella and tie up two blockers enabling the Lbs to clean up.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:42 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't have any problems with my LBs making takles. They rarely miss even when I have control over them which is more times than not. Once you stop dive tackling and start charging your players up before hand it's hard to break their tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »