Home

Alot Of Questions Answered By Ratings

This is a discussion on Alot Of Questions Answered By Ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2003, 12:05 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Alot Of Questions Answered By Ratings

Now I'm having a Game that will definitely tie the previous game for my best ever. This game pits the Cowboys(me) vs. the Steelers. Again it's 5-minute quarters and I appeared that the first score of the game with 0:46 left in the half was gonna be a Pittsburgh FG.

It's 3rd and 3 for the steelers at my 10 yd line with the score 0-0. My top three corners have Coverage ratings of 83,80 and 72 Respectively. So, I can cover but not good enough to attempt to go man. I call 4-3 Cover 2 and the Rook Terrence Newman gets the pick and I race 96yds for the TD to go up 7-0 with under 1-minute to play in the half.

That was my second interception of the day. Nguyen gets credit for the first one.

Amos Zero-way has 11 attempts for 32 yds, a 2.8 ypc average and 7 broken tackles.

RCO(Run Coverage) Is the key to containing the run

Out of 11 starters on the Cowboys D, only 3 have RCO ratings below 70. Suh-weet.

Run Coverage is basically the player's ability to take good angles and get to the ball carrier. The more players with High Run coverage the more players around the ball the less broken tackles you will see because you don't that one guy on an island.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 01:11 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I finished the second game that I mentioned above with a 24-10 win over the Steelers. A total of 77 plays were run. This was on 5-minute quarter. I got realistic rushing stats from my HB and passing stats from my QBs(had to bench Carter after going 2/9). They got realistic passing #s but not realistic rushing #s. What do you guys think?

Amos Zero-Way finished with 35 yds on 13 attempts and Hambrick finished with 76yds on 17 attempts.

Do you guys think this is realistic for the matchup or should I up the quarters? I don't think they need to be upped too much though. The cowboys D is really good. 8 Pass Deflections.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try 7 min
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2003, 02:03 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

Now everybody is starting to figure out the big difference between 2K/ESPN and Madden. VC has all the relevant ratings come into play during line play, runs, catches, coverages and tackles. It's your job while controlling your players is to help boost your chance of making a better catch, run or tackle. All the while on Madden sometimes your held back by the so-called momentum factor and suspect player ratings. The only problem with Madden's momentum model is it makes sure tacklers out of known scrubs. The ratings in Madden also make known stone handed receivers into Jerry Rice because the ratings don't come into play as much as in ESPN. I think the ratings is there for show and are so high that it would make someone playing with a scrub team feel good. Sure people are going to love a game where everything is tipped in your favor but is that what you truely want. I want the same disadvantages of the real team. That's what playing a franchise is about. If you have a scrub in a position that's vital you release or trade that person to bring in someone who can do the job better. With Madden's non relevant player ratings and momentum model you could have a monkey come off the bench and be a Pro Bowler.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:13 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
With Madden's non relevant player ratings and momentum model you could have a monkey come off the bench and be a Pro Bowler.

Now that should be the quote of the day. That is gonna be my new sig on 2kx. LOL
Old 09-25-2003, 02:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

by all means help yourself
Old 09-25-2003, 05:21 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 17

Also lets all keep in mind that we are basically just throwing all these great ratings in ESPN 'out the window' or at least DISTORTING what they read when we adjust the GLOBAL SLIDERS in the difficulty section. Unless you play completely on ALL PRO mode where the sliders remain perfectly in the middle

So when your trying to figure out something as simple as why Joe Shmoe's COVERAGE of 90 keeps getting burned by a reciever with a 80 hands and 70 run route, your answer is in the distorted difficulty settings that you may have adjusted.

These player ratings no longer truly are what they say they are

This is why I may simply go back to default ALL PRO settings so I know what I am reading is true player ratings in their attributes section
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2003, 05:22 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

The only problem I have now is that Plummer went 12/12 in the first game of the preseason for 188yds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »