Home

Quick Question

This is a discussion on Quick Question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2003, 10:16 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Quick Question

This a question for those who can be completely objective. I have got to know, which game is better ESPN or Madden? I guess this question is really for those who have played both. I have been a big fan of Madden for some time, but I have heard great things about ESPN. So far I have been torn between the two, therefore I have not made a purchase yet because I want to buy the best game on the shelf. I know ESPN has problems with online play, but I am not really into that aspect of the game. So what do you guys think, which game should I buy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2003, 10:30 PM   #2
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Quick Question

buy both used at gamestop.. return the one you don't want.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

rent them, nothing anyone tells you can give you an opinion on which game you like.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

ftball11 said:
This a question for those who can be completely objective. I have got to know, which game is better ESPN or Madden? I guess this question is really for those who have played both. I have been a big fan of Madden for some time, but I have heard great things about ESPN. So far I have been torn between the two, therefore I have not made a purchase yet because I want to buy the best game on the shelf. I know ESPN has problems with online play, but I am not really into that aspect of the game. So what do you guys think, which game should I buy?

I'm not going to lie to you... I don't understand how somebody can enjoy the on-field aspects of Madden. I mean, I don't like their owner mode either, but then again, I'm not that in-depth into that kind of stuff, and if I was, I would like it.

I would go with ESPN, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

One other thing... there have been way too many threads like this, and now people are not going to sell their opinion to you because of all of the people that have been asking, so don't expect too many answers from the OSers.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:38 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

I guess I'll rent ESPN. I've read reviews on Madden and it seems to be the same game from last year, gameplay wise, with a few tweaks. I was wanting something diffrent this year, I am tired of playing the same game, and was wondering if ESPN was worth a shot. I know ESPN got good reviews, but I am not familiar with the old 2K series, having played Madden forever, so I really don't know much about Sega's football games. I'll just have to check it out for myself. Thanks for the imput.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2003, 10:42 PM   #6
Banned

Input.*

All I know is that you can't give up after the first day or so in FRUSTRATION. If you don't like something else, you can give up. But ESPN gives you a learning curve... where you must know how real football plays to play this; in terms of correct playcalling, correct running, pocket-passing, defense, etc.

Read these forums (especially the stickies for guidelines), and understand the game better before giving up in frustration if you do.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:27 PM   #7
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

Of course, everybody on OS has "supposedly" played both & everybody has found the light...what is the answer to your question?

...it depends on which forum you ask it in.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:32 PM   #8
Banned

I really have played both though... I even wrote a thread about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »