Home

Learn how to tackle before you cry about it....

This is a discussion on Learn how to tackle before you cry about it.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2003, 11:53 AM   #9
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Learn how to tackle before you cry about it....

Quote:

RawkerOne said:
btw for the 8th time, players don't take bad angles, you put them in bad position.

YES!

I've been working with ways to put my d-line in position to keep o-linemen off off my Linebackers so they can make plays against the run. Its been working.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:29 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

ssmith7289 said:
If you need to stop a runningback make sure your charge is full when you tackle or else you haven't got a snowballs chance in hell to tackle him.

Some of us are not "Crying" as you so eloquently put it, about the AI giving us a hard time. For me, it's the fact that I've been killing the AI with the running game, and the only way to stop this is for me to practically empty by blocking slider, and my running slider. I average 135-170 yrds a game rushing, and I've tried several slider settings including those posted in this forum, and I still have not found any success! Every team that I've used averages 35-42 pts a game. Even cutting the time back to 5min qts I still manage 35-40 pts. So it's not crying IMHO..it's just the simple fact that the stats need to be fixed. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't think that I should be able to gain 200 yrds rushing with Emmitt Smith...maybe back in the day Emmitt, but not today's E. Smith.......Again this is just me!
Old 09-28-2003, 01:09 PM   #11
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm kinda tired of hearing about this too. I have a strategy that takes care of the poor pursuit angles, poor tackling for stopping the run online and against the CPU. It's called "let the computer play for me." After all the strategy posts I've read, this works best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2003, 03:44 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

yup..ive been stuffing the run out of the 4-3 vs the pro set almost with ease. Problem comes if they run out of a Queens etc...then its do I play dime, nickel, 4-3, bear..if you mess up there and you get caught by a toss its lights out. I opt to stop the run usually.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:13 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

people are saying that you should learn how to tackle right? what happens if i let the computer play defense? i don't want to do the tackling. i want to watch my 95 rated ILB get run over by antwoin smith

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »