Home

Slider Question

This is a discussion on Slider Question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2003, 02:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Slider Question

I have a question regarding the Human Vs. Computer aspect of the sliders.

I have wondered why it appears that my CB who is chasing down an RB and gaining ground appears to slow down as soon as I take control of him.

Does the AI use the Computer sliders for any players NOT being controlled by the user on the Human side? or does it use the Human sliders for all of your players on your team regardless of who you are controlling?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2003, 04:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Slider Question

anyone? Beuller?

Old 09-30-2003, 04:39 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

sanders said:
I have a question regarding the Human Vs. Computer aspect of the sliders.

I have wondered why it appears that my CB who is chasing down an RB and gaining ground appears to slow down as soon as I take control of him.

Does the AI use the Computer sliders for any players NOT being controlled by the user on the Human side? or does it use the Human sliders for all of your players on your team regardless of who you are controlling?

I've noticed that too. It happens even when you take over a defender who is fixing to make a tackle - he is in position, about to make the hit and slows down. I don't know what it is technically, but it looks (visually) like the cpu controlled player is using some feature, like the speed burst or the power-up, and when I take over, it disrupts what the cpu was trying to do with that player. Now, I am not saying that is what is going on. I can only say, as I look at the play, that is what appears to be happening. Now, the only time I switch players is when someone breaks away and I have an opportunity to run them down. But if a cpu controlled player is in position to make the play, I let the cpu do it and it usually does fine without my help.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:43 AM   #4
Rookie

See I would have to say its not that the CPU is doing something differently but the computer controlled players have an advantage on All-Pro or legend and even the guys controlled by the computer on your own team have an advantage over the guy you are controlling.

I say that because I have had a guy catching up and took control of him and tapped that speed burst ultra fast and still was way slower than if I had just not taken control of the guy.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

What you do is switch to the player but don't touch the D-pad before/while you switch and then proceed to speed burst and so on so you don't slow down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2003, 04:23 PM   #6
Rookie

That makes no sense whatsoever...
Old 10-01-2003, 04:46 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

sanders said:
See I would have to say its not that the CPU is doing something differently but the computer controlled players have an advantage on All-Pro or legend and even the guys controlled by the computer on your own team have an advantage over the guy you are controlling.

I say that because I have had a guy catching up and took control of him and tapped that speed burst ultra fast and still was way slower than if I had just not taken control of the guy.

You may be right. The CPU may just have an advantage when controlling the players. But what ever it has or doesn't have, when I take control of a player, I disrupt what ever the CPU is trying to do with that player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »