Home

Willl ESPN Games Ever Provide Another Roster Update?

This is a discussion on Willl ESPN Games Ever Provide Another Roster Update? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2003, 09:32 PM   #9
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6
Re: Willl ESPN Games Ever Provide Another Roster Update?

Very Nice Post.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:39 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

chancemc said:
This is posted on the ESPN VIDEOGAMES site by the Forum Admin:
"Here is the downloadable roster update schedule for ESPN NFL Football PS2 and Xbox versions. The PS2 rosters will be posted on the dates indicated below. The Xbox rosters will follow shortly after. Xbox rosters need to go through a Microsoft verification process, which is why they are delayed. To download a roster file, go to the on-line main menu and choose Downloads. Note that downloaded rosters cannot be played online, they are for offline games only.

ESPN NFL Football Roster Update Schedule for PS2 and *Xbox
------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday October 8, 2003

Wednesday November 5, 2003

Wednesday December 3, 2003

Wednesday December 31, 2003"

GREAT NEWS!!! Good to hear. Cause like Herd90XB, I could do it, but I'm so lazy...hehe.
Old 10-04-2003, 04:26 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

dbeth said:
Personally, I think they're taking their time to adjust some rankings of players (not just for increasing players' rankings). Besides adjusting rosters to take in the latest transactions, I wouldn't doubt that they're adjusting some individual ratings to combat the big issues everyone's been hollering about:

1) RB breaking tackles
2) FG kicking range
3) DB pursuit angles

Everyone keeps talking about the mytical "patch"......here it is right here folks! All these problems can be fixed via ratings adjustments as others here have found.

Wouldn't this just be lovely???

If you learn how the call the right defensive plays you wouldn't have these issues. On top of that if you keep choosing the same defensive play the CPU will start calling plays to beat it so you have to mix up you defensive plays just like when playing offense.

VC will need to post roster update because I was trying to update mine and the game is missing 117 players (mostly free agent rookies and free agent that should already be there in the pool) and it only lets you create 47 (or at least for me). Like I posted before "I love ESPN NFL Football but the roster management in this game blows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2003, 08:46 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 17

I really like how you have to stop the run. I don't want them to change it to much. It's a great challenge. Is it hard to stop the run yes am I getting better at it yes.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:41 AM   #13
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't have a problem with the running game. I like the challenge it presents and always keeps me thinking.

That's just what I felt they'd do to the roster update....tweak the ratings just a little.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:13 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

dbeth said:
Personally, I think they're taking their time to adjust some rankings of players (not just for increasing players' rankings). Besides adjusting rosters to take in the latest transactions, I wouldn't doubt that they're adjusting some individual ratings to combat the big issues everyone's been hollering about:

1) RB breaking tackles
2) FG kicking range
3) DB pursuit angles

Everyone keeps talking about the mytical "patch"......here it is right here folks! All these problems can be fixed via ratings adjustments as others here have found.

Wouldn't this just be lovely???

If you learn how the call the right defensive plays you wouldn't have these issues. On top of that if you keep choosing the same defensive play the CPU will start calling plays to beat it so you have to mix up you defensive plays just like when playing offense.

VC will need to post roster update because I was trying to update mine and the game is missing 117 players (mostly free agent rookies and free agent that should already be there in the pool) and it only lets you create 47 (or at least for me). Like I posted before "I love ESPN NFL Football but the roster management in this game blows.

Agreed.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:42 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 14

I just want Will Demps.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »