Home

Defensive Hitting Power

This is a discussion on Defensive Hitting Power within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Defensive Hitting Power

I searched for this but i cant seem to find a definite answer as to what actually determines hitting power for defensive players. i assume it has something to do with speed and strength and maybe their tackle rating. anyone experienced that might know what effects this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Defensive Hitting Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by jHorns
I searched for this but i cant seem to find a definite answer as to what actually determines hitting power for defensive players. i assume it has something to do with speed and strength and maybe their tackle rating. anyone experienced that might know what effects this?

I've only seen that particular rating in Madden games recently and to try to use it in 2k football would be somewhat of a calculation best served by your own assumptions and common sense of course.

Keep in mind other attributes like physical size and weight, composure,consistency among other intangibles.

I would also say that to keep it simple go with whats there in the 2k attributes and use the strength and tackle attributes as focused, also check out the games default players known at that time for their playing style and game play...as for hitting power VC never mentioned any such attribute also if you've played the game then you should have by now noticed which players have been bringing it....you know what I mean.

As for "Hitting Power" use your best estimate based on what you know and feel is right, of course some recent data helps also. Hope that helps figuring it out bro as for a definite answer I haven't seen or heard of any for 2k football.

The Boss...Lead Man
Rickster101
Old 04-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I've only seen that particular rating in Madden games recently and to try to use it in 2k football would be somewhat of a calculation best served by your own assumptions and common sense of course.

Keep in mind other attributes like physical size and weight, composure,consistency among other intangibles.

I would also say that to keep it simple go with whats there in the 2k attributes and use the strength and tackle attributes as focused, also check out the games default players known at that time for their playing style and game play...as for hitting power VC never mentioned any such attribute also if you've played the game then you should have by now noticed which players have been bringing it....you know what I mean.

As for "Hitting Power" use your best estimate based on what you know and feel is right, of course some recent data helps also. Hope that helps figuring it out bro as for a definite answer I haven't seen or heard of any for 2k football.

The Boss...Lead Man
Rickster101
well i do notice that when i raise the tackle slider players tend to hit harder so the players tackle rating has to have something to do with it. but hitting power doesnt always mean youre good at wrap up tackling, so speed and strength would be the obvious components of hitting power imo. good idea on checking other good hitters in the game by default and compare attributes. i really cant believe that by now someone hasnt already brought this up. i just like seeing good hitting power from players who had it.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

One real issue I have with sliders is they can be misleading at times by definition the sliders are define by how well the player performs which can mean a lot of things and effect every player who has a tackle rating in other words its basically universal and can make a so-so tackler better then what he actually is.

How well a player performs at a certain attribute can be focused by looking at his or that is the other type of ratings....the intangibles like consistency or composure which aren't actually a measurement but more of a "IT" factor and should be look at more carefully.

I think that when looking at certain numbers guys get all caught up in the "numbers game" and see anything rated high as a can't miss prospect after some years of playing this game I see that a case can be made for the other ratings that appear to hold key rating in check and balance.

Overall ratings aren't always what they appear to be and just because a player has a high tackle or catch rating that doesn't mean he is going to always perform at that rating...if he is not a fairly consistent and/or contributing player he might as well be just another so-so player and can be a detriment to the team overall.

I've seen players rated in the seventies out perform players rated higher and in franchise modes progress better over time.

There is that micromanagement feature included if you choose to practice and upgrade players which by the way can be interesting if you've time to figure it out.

So in a sense players can be over rated by huge numbers that don't live or perform up to expectations, also the ratings for certain positions aren't the same for all players a DT isn't going to tackle the same way a DB does and the same goes for any position regardless of what we may think.

There are exceptions and intangibles that make a big difference and imo are dictated by the games game playing ability to see the differences and take into account other factors we don't take into consideration such as fatigue weather conditions player composure,consistency,leadership...they do have an effect and mean something other then a measured rating.

These are just my opinions and observations after playing and editing the game over a long period of time and reading what other guys have shared with me, some work some don't but overall most would agree that mere base ratings alone do not equate to a can't miss player or the "hardest" hitter.

The Boss...Lead Man
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 04-26-2012 at 08:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »