Home

I'm getting fed up with Microsoft.

This is a discussion on I'm getting fed up with Microsoft. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2003, 03:44 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I\'m getting fed up with Microsoft.

I gave up the Xbox for the PS2 for most of the reasons listed above. I was also tired of Dirty Disk Errors that seem to happen when I'm in the middle of a game. It just seems there was always a problem with the Xbox. Besides....the PS2 has both Sega & EA online and it works great! Might as well have the best of both worlds.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:35 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Erv said:
Regarding the online freeze with Dolby Digital:

"I've been wondering the same thing since we submitted the patch to Microsoft 2 weeks ago. The current official word is that it is scheduled to enter certificaiton testing on 10 / 16, but because the Xbox cert team is swamped it may not happen until the end of the month. This delay is on Microsoft. The patch does not change gameplay at all. It only fixes 3 known online divergences and the DD crash."

What kind of BS is this? It takes a half a day, like 5-7 games of testing to see if the patch is legit! MS is doing the same s___ with the roster updates, I wouldn't expect to see one on xbox until the end of october at the earliest. MS won't be getting my money if they continue this next-gen, because I almost believe they are doing it intentionally to maximize profit off of their crap.

they need a patch to fix the Crib mode problem when you move one slider you can't unlock anything.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:54 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

Erv said:
Regarding the online freeze with Dolby Digital:

"I've been wondering the same thing since we submitted the patch to Microsoft 2 weeks ago. The current official word is that it is scheduled to enter certificaiton testing on 10 / 16, but because the Xbox cert team is swamped it may not happen until the end of the month. This delay is on Microsoft. The patch does not change gameplay at all. It only fixes 3 known online divergences and the DD crash."

What kind of BS is this? It takes a half a day, like 5-7 games of testing to see if the patch is legit! MS is doing the same s___ with the roster updates, I wouldn't expect to see one on xbox until the end of october at the earliest. MS won't be getting my money if they continue this next-gen, because I almost believe they are doing it intentionally to maximize profit off of their crap.

they need a patch to fix the Crib mode problem when you move one slider you can't unlock anything.

It's not a problem when it's done on purpose....
Old 10-10-2003, 10:05 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

VanillaEps said:
I don't find any fault with Microsoft. I look back to All-Star Baseball this past summer and the roster updates that they were able to provide every month. Their roster updates were available every month on the date that they promised they would be made available. No matter what type of verification their updates had to pass through Microsoft - they were available consistently every month. The fact that VC is passing the blame to MS is a lack of responsibility on their part. If they know that their updates need to pass verification - why not ensure that they are delivered on a timely basis so that they pass and are made available to us when promised.

Another thing....if this is all MS's fault...why haven't the PS2 people received their update???

I just updated my PS2 version with the roster update. I dont count on the Xbox update to be available for some time ala 2k3. I was hoping they had done something to make the certification process quicker or more efficient but I guess not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »