Home

How can you tell who is highly rated in the Draft?

This is a discussion on How can you tell who is highly rated in the Draft? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2003, 05:21 AM   #9
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How can you tell who is highly rated in the Draft?

you are going to find that you can get good players in the late rounds. the part of the draft that is the best is that you get first round busts and late round gems. don't get so caught up in overall ratings. one thing that drags them down is the consistency, composure and other ratings like that. talent wise you may find a stud. but he may get injured easy or sonething else. those drop his ratings.

for instance, i have a 5 or 6th round WR who is as good as any starter except in the consistency and composure. he is rated 57 or so. i use him roughly about 10 plays a game so he can get better. you will notice the ratings go up DURING the season. my rookie free agent kicker started the season with a 29 acc and 81 power. by the end he was 44 acc and 80 power. i hope he blossoms next year.

after you see a few seasons of this you will start to see the nuances of the system. i do wish you could scout players starting from the 8th week of the season.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:00 AM   #10
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

kwanchangkang said:
Quote:

Defel said:
When you scouted him, what did they say his projected ratings would be?

90 spd, 78 Cth were his projected. Is that what you should go off of to project whether or not he'll be an impact player for you?

If his speed is 90 and his catch is 78 what problem do you have with him being rated 69? If those things are good then the overall rating really doesn;t mean anything. And if you use him during the season he gets better.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:21 AM   #11
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Why is everything VC's job? It's SEGA that does their franchise stuff and everything.

If you can remember, VC stands for Visual Concepts, enhancing the visual aspects of the game to another level. I'm sure they don't have to do with the features.

Ummmmm .... no.

Visual Concepts makes this game, start to finish. Sega just publishes it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2003, 09:34 AM   #12
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

fossen said:
Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Why is everything VC's job? It's SEGA that does their franchise stuff and everything.

If you can remember, VC stands for Visual Concepts, enhancing the visual aspects of the game to another level. I'm sure they don't have to do with the features.

Ummmmm .... no.

Visual Concepts makes this game, start to finish. Sega just publishes it.

Old 10-14-2003, 09:53 AM   #13
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

kwanchangkang said:
I guess that there is no way to see who is projected to go high in the draft. If that is indeed true, that is highly disappointing. How the heck are you supposed to draft decently in this frikken game?

Have you tried using the Mock Draft? checking the big board to see who is rising and falling? Checking to see how the players are ranked by position? taking the owner's advice? checking your PDA for draft suggestions? and Most importantly checking your scouting notes?

Sure VC could have added round projections but there are plenty of tools available to you to help you make good choices.

The, main thing is to ration your combine hours and not spend em all on 5 or 6 guys. I rarely spend more than 2 hours scouting a guy. The only time I use 3 is for a guy I've targeted to select in the 1st round.

after that I only spend 1hr scouting others players...just so I cn have notes on em when I hit the draft.

The combine in espn is 4 days and 9 hours per day....36 hours of scouting time...I use 3 on my 1st round target..after that I might use 2 hrs on maybe 4 other guys. Then I've got 25 hrs to spend and its usually used on 25 players. So Altogether I have info on 30 players...not bad IMO.

Scouting and drafting in espn is pretty deep ..same as it was in 2k3. There are some definite improvements that could be made but for right now its pretty solid.

and this statement...

Quote:

kwanchangkang said:
They could have copied everything from the Franchise mode in Madden 2002 and STILL had a better Franchise mode than they do right now.

...is B.S.

espn's franchise Mode kills Madden 02...hell nfl2k3's franchise mode killed Madden 02's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »