Home

Sliders for custom roster updates.

This is a discussion on Sliders for custom roster updates. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sliders for custom roster updates.

Hello, this is my first time posting on operation sports and i have a question for the long time 2k5 roster makers/players. I know bill's sliders are the go to sliders for the default rosters the game came with. I've used them and they work wonderfully to get a realistic yet challenging game going against the CPU, especially in franchise mode.

I know when people make rosters for the new year they go by their own attributes, but most keep one attribute the same for all players. Like fatigue set at 75 for everyone. And i'm wondering since its different than what the developers used to make the default rosters that sliders such as bills do not emulate the same realism to them as they would the default roster.

I'm currently using 2012-2013 roster created by convince. Its a great roster and i appreciate the fact he made it and posted it for everyone. I'm just wondering what would be the best slider set to use for it, seems bills slider is better for default rather than it. Only real complaint is fumbling the ball and injuries that cause a good player to be out more often than what the default roster would with bills sliders. I'm playing as the carolina panthers fyi, and both d-will and stewart our out 8 and 10 weeks respectablly, both in the same game injured. Also newton was injured for an entire year starting with the first game of the season. I got injures set to 28. No complaint on what they or other teams are rated. Outside of Gamble the cpu should be able to throw a long td pass against me lol, and i prefer my team to play similar to their real life counterpart, they do a wonderful job doing that. Sucks though that both rb/qb our out and its only week 5. at this rate i wont have a team lol.

What would be the best slider set to use for convice or any other custom rosters? What would you set fumbling/injuries to,so they dont get too unrealistic/annoying?

Anyway keep up the good work for all those that make rosters every year, i for one appreciate the effort and dont see how you manage to have the time or patience to do these year in and year out. I bet its a painfuly slow and boring process, that none of us who do make them can fathom. Appreciate all of you for posting them. God Bless!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Sliders for custom roster updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan_forever17
Hello, this is my first time posting on operation sports and i have a question for the long time 2k5 roster makers/players. I know bill's sliders are the go to sliders for the default rosters the game came with. I've used them and they work wonderfully to get a realistic yet challenging game going against the CPU, especially in franchise mode.

I know when people make rosters for the new year they go by their own attributes, but most keep one attribute the same for all players. Like fatigue set at 75 for everyone. And i'm wondering since its different than what the developers used to make the default rosters that sliders such as bills do not emulate the same realism to them as they would the default roster.

I'm currently using 2012-2013 roster created by convince. Its a great roster and i appreciate the fact he made it and posted it for everyone. I'm just wondering what would be the best slider set to use for it, seems bills slider is better for default rather than it. Only real complaint is fumbling the ball and injuries that cause a good player to be out more often than what the default roster would with bills sliders. I'm playing as the carolina panthers fyi, and both d-will and stewart our out 8 and 10 weeks respectablly, both in the same game injured. Also newton was injured for an entire year starting with the first game of the season. I got injures set to 28. No complaint on what they or other teams are rated. Outside of Gamble the cpu should be able to throw a long td pass against me lol, and i prefer my team to play similar to their real life counterpart, they do a wonderful job doing that. Sucks though that both rb/qb our out and its only week 5. at this rate i wont have a team lol.

What would be the best slider set to use for convice or any other custom rosters? What would you set fumbling/injuries to,so they dont get too unrealistic/annoying?

Anyway keep up the good work for all those that make rosters every year, i for one appreciate the effort and dont see how you manage to have the time or patience to do these year in and year out. I bet its a painfuly slow and boring process, that none of us who do make them can fathom. Appreciate all of you for posting them. God Bless!
What you could try is if you are determined to keep injuries that high than just raise or lower durability (I forget which ones lowers the number of injuries you will see.) If you have no problem with AI QB play then try zeroing out every slider and turn on EQ. If that doesn't work try raising each slider as you see fit, because everyone makes rosters differently and no slider will universally work perfectly with each set. Hope you find a good set for you
to use.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sliders for custom roster updates.

Well i did start another franchise over with the panthers, same franchise file with the updated rosters. Played 3 games with the difficulty the franchise file came with and had no such injures, so i'm just going to not mess with the difficulty sliders. though i did find running against the saints too easy. 250 yards just with Deangelo Williams. though i did have 20 rushing attempts with him, over half of the yards came from about 4-5 long runs, and the quarter length was set to 8 minutes. Question though wouldnt putting human catching at 0 make it downright impossible to throw the ball without wr dropping the ball. Fumbles arnt as bad as they was before, like about to score and there goes a fumble or get hit behind the los and fumble. aggravating enough to pull your hair out. I'm just looking for something fun yet realistic/challenging.

Anyway the game is fun, thanks for the tips. I may have to change the sliders the more i get used to them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »