Home

Broken Tackles: More Realistic than Some Think?

This is a discussion on Broken Tackles: More Realistic than Some Think? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2003, 12:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Broken Tackles: More Realistic than Some Think?

Quote:

trav402 said:
The solution that I have found, besides taking the proper angle and not diving, is to charge up then speed burst into a tackle. Charge up, tap A, and then tackle. It helps to be in closer proximity to take advantage of the hit. I also see bigger hits and more solid wrap ups, even when I do take the wrong angle. Broken tackles still happen, but only in a 2yd diameter from the LOS, and by then my pursuit can clean the guy up. BTW, this is All-Pro default sliders and my team is the Jags. Use the od above and see what happens.

Yea I've noticed that it's better to just speed burst than dive.And you still take advantage of the charge. Even if you miss, you're not flat on the ground. I remember forcing a fumble by doing this a while ago. Diving should be a last resort.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:52 PM   #10
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

maskedmarvel said:
Hey everyone,

Think the writer of this piece is probably exxagerating a bit. But it's a fun read, and it certainly speaks to ESPN NFL Football ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1637714

Enjoy.

Nice article, now try looking up the NFL stats for tackles this season and take a look at all the solo tackles. I think stats outwieght an opinion piece, but thats just me.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:19 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

How about the instances where a player takes the right angle and then is automatically placed on the CPU HB's hip inorder to be stiff armed?

I love this game and I respect you guys opinion but you gotta fess up. I mean, I have conquered my problems with the game through better Dline assignments but you can still see the broken tackles.

For comparison's sake:

In the article the author stated that,

Quote:

Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher calculated that the Titans defenders missed 22 of 83 tackles.

That's 22 for a full length, 15-minute quarter NFL game. You can have that in a 5-minute quarter game which tells me, I may be incorrect, that there is a small problem in the figures.

Like I stated earlier, I am no longer having all the problems and frustration thanks to LBzrule but I feel the pain of the players that are still experiencing the excessive broken tackles.

All-Pro, No Slider adjustments for those that may think that I adjusted sliders to conquer my issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2003, 04:47 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

The thing is I never have 22 broken tackles in any game that i play. When I give up big rushing yards it's one or two broken tackles and a bad play call leading to day light. If you're giving up lots of broken tackles it's from not charging and diving too much. I have no sympathy for those that continue to do this and complain about not being able to tackle even with good players. Bring Ricky with a head of steam at me controlling Ray Lewis and if I charge and hit him straight on he's going down...period.

For those that are still complaining, I'm not doubting your frustration and I know for a fact there are many much better than me, but the fact that there are those at my level and above my level means those below my level are at fault, not the game. The only time I can imagine many broken tackles on the same play is PRO default only b/c of fatigue. Lower that and it should never happen if you use your players properly. Certainly not 22 times in one game.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:26 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:

wwharton said:
If you're giving up lots of broken tackles it's from not charging and diving too much.

Funny you should mention charging as that is another thing that I don't like but I play through. I never charge on D and my broken tackles rarely if ever reach that 22 mark but as I said, I feel their pain.

It may be in the way I play, controlling one guy from snap to referee's whistle.

This game is what we have all been waiting for and I am glad that those that still are having trouble have months and months to get acclimated to it.

In a word this game is ultra-realistic and I love it.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:10 PM   #14
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I love the idea of the charge. Think about Michael Westbrook. That player with all the talent on paper and gives squat on the field. The charge is the effort that makes the difference.

Anyway, don't want to get into that here but my point before was, for your case, if you chose to play as you do and got lots of broken tackles you shouldn't be surprised. People should play as they like, just like using the Dpad, but if there's something they can't get down and people give advice on how to and they ignore for whatever reason, then it's on them.

I know you. Whether you like the charge or not, if your current plan wasn't working you'd try it. That's the difference.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:05 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:

wwharton said:
I know you. Whether you like the charge or not, if your current plan wasn't working you'd try it. That's the difference.

Werd!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »