Home

This game got it right!

This is a discussion on This game got it right! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
This game got it right!

Was feeling a bit nostalgic today so I popped in NFL2k5 today after a digging my xbox out from my basement. Man did this game get it right with the gameplay. Running has never felt so perfect, passing is how it should be, the ball physics are on the money. I now own a hauppage DVR recorder so I uploaded a couple of things to my youtube account. Here is a highlight from a game I was playing today...

After picking up an old Redskins franchise, I see I'm at the Super Bowl playing the Buffalo Bills. Down 6-0 in the 4th with 4th and G, I throw a perfect pass to my streaking WR who drops the ball. I lol'ed.

But what I really took away was the trajectory of the ball and how the CB reacted to the ball. In Madden this ball is an interception 9 out of 10 times. You can tell just the way this game was made that it's a game of inches and everything is working in concert.

http://youtu.be/LJv4dnSilj4

It's amazing for a game that is 8 years old how well the gameplay and even the graphics hold up. Great job 2k on this masterpiece.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 02:34 AM   #2
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: This game got it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaygodeus
Was feeling a bit nostalgic today so I popped in NFL2k5 today after a digging my xbox out from my basement. Man did this game get it right with the gameplay. Running has never felt so perfect, passing is how it should be, the ball physics are on the money. I now own a hauppage DVR recorder so I uploaded a couple of things to my youtube account. Here is a highlight from a game I was playing today...

After picking up an old Redskins franchise, I see I'm at the Super Bowl playing the Buffalo Bills. Down 6-0 in the 4th with 4th and G, I throw a perfect pass to my streaking WR who drops the ball. I lol'ed.

But what I really took away was the trajectory of the ball and how the CB reacted to the ball. In Madden this ball is an interception 9 out of 10 times. You can tell just the way this game was made that it's a game of inches and everything is working in concert.

http://youtu.be/LJv4dnSilj4

It's amazing for a game that is 8 years old how well the gameplay and even the graphics hold up. Great job 2k on this masterpiece.
Yes 2k got alot of things right when it came to football gameplay. Look at APF or even backbreaker 2k knows how to make a football game. Just had an amazing game against the raiders i'll post the stats in my thread.
P.S 6-0 in the SB. Talk about defense.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

See... I bought NCAA 13 to work with me for the sole purpose of trading it in at Gamestop and buying an OG Xbox and ESPN 2K5
Old 08-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
Banned

Thanks for the comments guys..yeah 6-0 lol...probably had a little to do with me not playing the game in over 2 or 3 years..it was just funny I could've won the game and my WR had to go Lee Evans on me...

I rattled off about 10 things I saw just in the 2-3 games of 2k5 I played that still hasn't been duplicated in Madden. Pretty sad.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

OVR: 2

damn right ... I was watching the Madden13 vids and after couple of them I happily went back to 2k5 oh well, maybe next year (sarcasm).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 02:53 AM   #6
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm in the same boat, I don't see how one can play this game and still manage to "enjoy" the other game.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-23-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
Banned

Too all people this
Old 08-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Banned

Yes, it did and eight years later, 2K5 has one more thing that Madden NFL 13 doesnt - editing. Just too damn funny.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »