Home

Strangest play I've ever seen!

This is a discussion on Strangest play I've ever seen! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2003, 08:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Strangest play I\'ve ever seen!

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Last night, I'm in a close game. I don't remember my opponent right off hand but I was up by a touchdown. They were driving and with just over 2:00 to go, they were running a hurry-up offense and completing passes left and right because I suck at pass defense. Anyway, after one particular play, I notice that the guy who caught the pass was number 71. I figured it to be a mistake because I could've sworn it was the tight end so I went back to the replay. Sure enough, the left guard blocked for a few seconds before running out to catch the pass. I even tried several angles to make sure and no, it wasn't tipped. I tried to challenge the play (even though I didn't think I could) and had no option other than the spot. I've heard of this in playground football but never in the NFL. I know that players can check in as eligible receivers but don't they have to be on the outside of the line?

Maybe I don't know my rules as well as I thought...or maybe this is evidence of CPU cheating (even though I don't typically believe in it). Of course, a play or two later I picked one off in the endzone so maybe it was a complete fluke. Kinda disheartening to see though...

Just thought I'd share.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2003, 01:04 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Strangest play I\'ve ever seen!

Well its possible that the computer played a guard as a eligible reciever. Since you can subsitute a guard in the TE position it possible that they did this. Also it is possible that the set was 5 WR the CPU called the guard an eligible receiver.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:32 AM   #3
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Year 7 in my Bears franchise, the Lions or Bucs (can't remember) knocked me out of the Playoffs by tossing a 5-yard TD pass to their Guard . Coolest play i have ever seen
Old 11-03-2003, 07:02 PM   #4
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I have a tackle eligible play in my playbook (I play as the saints).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »