Home

Too Much Home Field Advantage???

This is a discussion on Too Much Home Field Advantage??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-08-2003, 08:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Too Much Home Field Advantage???

Heres one that may be some proof...I JUST LOST TO>>>>THE LIONS!!!! I fumbled 2 times and got picked off once on my first 3 drives and after that they just dominated me. They ran and threw at will on me...Although i did have 2 safties, a cornerback, a runningback and my #3 WR injured, i still woulda expected to smoke the lions.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:05 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I didn't really notice any homefield advantage...I am not saying it isn't there but I won at home and loss at home the same as on the road. Is it only for a certain setting?
Old 11-08-2003, 10:56 PM   #19
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

Quote:

mike06 said:
Heres one that may be some proof...I JUST LOST TO>>>>THE LIONS!!!! I fumbled 2 times and got picked off once on my first 3 drives and after that they just dominated me. They ran and threw at will on me...Although i did have 2 safties, a cornerback, a runningback and my #3 WR injured, i still woulda expected to smoke the lions.

Haha, that's not as bad as losing in Arizona to Jeff Blake.

As for the guy above, I don't know if it's any certain setting, but I'm playing on All-Pro and notice a difference between home and away games.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:07 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

This would explain why the Vikings almost beat me in my first franchise. I was up by a TD with 30 seconds left in the first half and Daunte Culpepper chucked one to Randy Moss to tie it up right before the half. Then I tried running the clock down in the forth quarter leaving no time for the Vikings to do anything and they ran a kickoff to tie it up and take it into overtime. I won the toss and ran it down their throat (to keep from throwing a INT) to win the game. I thought it was some sort of comeback logic but Home field advantage sounds about right. This would also explain how the Cardinals gave me a hard time when I played them at their stadium.

I would vote for overdone as well.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:43 PM   #21
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
This would also explain how the Cardinals gave me a hard time when I played them at their stadium.

Yeah, I began to think that home field was a little exaggerated when I took a trip to the desert and Jeff Blake became Joe Montana.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2003, 08:32 AM   #22
Banned

bigmark's Arena

OVR: 8

Well, I take back my comments. The way the Bills offense is playing on the road this year - it's pretty realistic that I don't have a half second to throw the ball when I drop back to pass.
At least my team has scored an offensive TD on the road in the last 17 quarters.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:01 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have found it tougher to play on the road. I will say this, instead of just home field advantage, they should also have homefield disadvantage. This would impact teams who play poorly at home. Fan booing could cause ratings for certain players to drop or increase the opposing team's player ratings. Conversely, if the home team is playing very well, then, they can be rewarded with player rating boosts or opposing team reduction in ratings.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:48 PM   #24
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

Quote:

MrClardy said:
I have found it tougher to play on the road. I will say this, instead of just home field advantage, they should also have homefield disadvantage. This would impact teams who play poorly at home. Fan booing could cause ratings for certain players to drop or increase the opposing team's player ratings. Conversely, if the home team is playing very well, then, they can be rewarded with player rating boosts or opposing team reduction in ratings.

I almost think that this is kinda included...

A couple days ago, I was playing the Vikings in Minnesota. They were up on me 17-0 in the second quarter, and threatening to score again. Then I picked it off in the end zone, next play I threw a bomb from Drake(2004 Rookie QB) to Koren for a 80 yard TD. They got the ball back, Culpepper put it in the air, one of my rookie CBs picked it off and took it back...17-14. So they get the ball back again, hand it off to Deuce(they traded Bennett, Moss, and Bates to the Saints for McAllister and Horn), and Deuce fumbles it, I recover...next play I score a TD, and I'm up 21-17, and it took less than a minute!

After that, the Vikings couldn't do anything the rest of the game. It's like the momentum just completely shifted. It's like all the scoring took all the home-field advantage away. Maybe it was just a coincidence, cuz it was a one-time thing, but you never know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »