Home

I lost a VERY disheartening game last night.

This is a discussion on I lost a VERY disheartening game last night. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2003, 07:16 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
I lost a VERY disheartening game last night.

OK, we go back and forth the whole first half, but right before half, I score, to be down only 3, then I force a turnover and score to go up by 4. Then I get the ball back and go up by 11. Then there's like 4:00 plus to go, they got the ball, the drive down and I hold them to a field goal. Still up by 8. 35-27 is the score. They go for the onsides with like 1:35 to go, and they get it and eventually score. I successfully defended the 2 pointer though so the score is 35-33 me, and they are kicking off to me. Onsides AGAIN... ball hits my dude in the chest bounces right into their player's arms! I'm like, "Alright, they got about 60 yards and only like 40 seconds to go with only one timeout. A couple incomplete passes later, they hit a pass that I THOUGHT I defended well, he jumped up for the catch and I nailed him as he was catching it, thought for sure it would pop out. He came down with it around the 20-25 yard line... they ran up, called a timeout with 0:03 to go, kick the field goal and beat me 36-35.

I now know how Tampa Bay felt...

Anyone else have a game like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2003, 07:24 AM   #2
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I lost a VERY disheartening game last night.

2 Onsides and the pass caught in tight coverage sounds very Maddenesque. Fortunately, it happens much less often.... at least in my experience.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:08 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:

Cardot said:
2 Onsides and the pass caught in tight coverage sounds very Maddenesque. Fortunately, it happens much less often.... at least in my experience.

I thought that myself, but when I looked back at my season thusfar, I'm 4-2. 3 wins where won by just one score, one was a blowout. In Madden it's almost a must that you run up the score if you expect to win period.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:09 AM   #4
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

MSRoble33 said:
Quote:

Cardot said:

I thought that myself, but when I looked back at my season thusfar, I'm 4-2. 3 wins where won by just one score, one was a blowout. In Madden it's almost a must that you run up the score if you expect to win period.

Not true... I don't have to run up the score in Madden to win!!
Old 11-13-2003, 09:26 AM   #5
MVP

More often than not if I go up by any less than 2 scores with 5:00 or less to play, I'd put money on the chance that the CPU running back will run a sweep, i'll stick him in the backfield, he'll shake me off, run into the line, somehow 5 seconds later be through the line and off to the races for the tying or go-ahead score. Or else the recievers will catch everything the way the dude did it in my game I mentioned above, except EVERYONE on the team has developed suction cups for hands. I mean, I don't complain too much about it, because, I still gotta be able to defend it. In Madden, that is.. it's obvious that it happens in both games, but it's FAR fewer in ESPN IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2003, 04:33 PM   #6
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Make sure you sub in a "hands" team for onside kick returns. I am willing to bet that the guy who muffed the ball was rated a 60 or less. the computer sucks and will not put in the right guys for kickoffs. some of my guys were rated the 20s!!..so make the right subs before you kick off or do an onsides return.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »