Home

Tired of Inconsistent QB play in 2K5, Just bought 2K4 and an Xbox lol

This is a discussion on Tired of Inconsistent QB play in 2K5, Just bought 2K4 and an Xbox lol within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Tired of Inconsistent QB play in 2K5, Just bought 2K4 and an Xbox lol

The more and more I played the more I got frustrated because of the inconsistent QB play across the board but especially with the elite QBs. Funny thing lol, today I went an bought an XBOX and ESPN NFl Football for a total of $63 lol. Jake Plummer(CPU) is already 8-10 passing. Im having a much better peace of mind with the passing game now lol.

BTW, the issue with the CPU QB from 2k4 to 2k5 is the DB reaction issue. In 2k5, anytime I play 2 man under (or any other defense for that matter), when the CPU qb throws a pass all other DBs and LBs in the vicinity immediately react to the ball (like they all have a 100 coverage rating lol) which causes a lot of tip passes and ints (even with pursuit and coverage at 0). In 2k4 in 2 man under only the DB that sees the pass coming can make a play on the ball which increases the CPU QBs completion percentage drastically.

Also, although there is DB/WR interaction in 2k4 it is limited. There is too much DB/WR interaction which allows even the worst coverage DB to stay with a top flight WR receiver on his route.

In any case Im gonna keep working this 2K4 out and see how a feel over the rest of the weekend lol.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Tired of Inconsistent QB play in 2K5, Just bought 2K4 and an Xbox lol

I had set up a tweaking guideline to make the cpu passing (and KR'ing) better in 2K5. Just search threads started by my screen name. I was fed up with the INT's and inconsistency as well. My results do nothing for the overall simmed stats department, but I never cared. I wanted good in game results and remember having plenty of exciting games.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Bad QB play is not even a concern for me anymore. It used to be the only huge issue in this game for me. But like Daflyboys said using roster editing can fix this or sliders though its not consistent another idea is making a generic playbook that adds easy passes like shovels or lots of hitch routes and less go routes and plays that don't work. Or one way which has worked for me is using the crib cheat great catching which means you and the CPU offensive players can't "drop passes" though i still see drops, it basically sets every offensive player cpu and yours catch at 127 and you'll see the cpu pass to players coming out the backfield alot more and distribute a lot better. Sense using the crib cheat the CPU even with hard defensive sliders or always over 50% completion percentage usually in the 60-70% range.

To get back to what you said you can switch to 2k4 and get consistent QB but you miss out on so much that 2k5 does and custom rosters and other features which is why I never made that change. If you want great QB play in a football game the best game for this and probably the best football game gameplay wise is APF 2k8 which i spend alot playing but I would never give up on 2k5 lol.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I had set up a tweaking guideline to make the cpu passing (and KR'ing) better in 2K5. Just search threads started by my screen name. I was fed up with the INT's and inconsistency as well. My results do nothing for the overall simmed stats department, but I never cared. I wanted good in game results and remember having plenty of exciting games.
Appreciate the info but I'm going to lead toward not making all those edits. For me IMO I would get tired of editing these ratings year after year. With 2k4 after about 5 or 6 games the most I;ve done is put human tackling at 40 at all-Pro level and nothing else and have gotten fantastic games with accurate IMO QB stats (exceot for Kyle Boller but he is horrible in general lol).

That's some very good work you put into the game though so its appreciated.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

wish there was more info on how to tweak 2k4, which is the better game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
Banned

GritNinja's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
wish there was more info on how to tweak 2k4, which is the better game
Dear god, I can't imagine going back and playing an original Xbox. You guys are nuts.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here is now a better idea, use the easy game fix 2k14 and enjoy cpu passing XD
Old 08-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

Just popped 2k4 in as well (ps3). I have a glitch when I select a run play, I'm unable to hike the ball.

Ah well, back to 2k5, lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »