Home

For those complaining about the CPU running game...

This is a discussion on For those complaining about the CPU running game... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2003, 04:29 PM   #1

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
For those complaining about the CPU running game...

Stop! I just don't think it is that big of an issue. Learn how to play defense. If you blitz on every play and your LB's get caught in the middle on a toss or sweep, you are going to get burned---and burned bad and almost every time.

I have played a full 16 game season, 25 online games, and countless practice games and i am giving up an average of 89.9 yrds/game rushing. I have never,ever given up 290 yrds to Priest Holmes or Eddie George like others stated above.

In fact the most yrds I gave up in a single game was to Curtis Martin and he got 159. I actually held him to 26 yrds in the first half and then he went nuts. (12 min qtrs and 60 plays avg per team)

i have been reading this forum and posting (when need be) and every week there are posts about "The Run game sucks". It doesn't. It is realistic.

To wrap up, use the Bear D and the Goaline D very sparingly.

Flame away but I think the more experienced players will agree.

P.S. Has anyone ever, ever seen a blocked kick or a false start...sigh

CC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2003, 05:48 PM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: For those complaining about the CPU running game...

Quote:

ChicagoChris said:
Stop! I just don't think it is that big of an issue. Learn how to play defense. If you blitz on every play and your LB's get caught in the middle on a toss or sweep, you are going to get burned---and burned bad and almost every time.

I have played a full 16 game season, 25 online games, and countless practice games and i am giving up an average of 89.9 yrds/game rushing. I have never,ever given up 290 yrds to Priest Holmes or Eddie George like others stated above.

In fact the most yrds I gave up in a single game was to Curtis Martin and he got 159. I actually held him to 26 yrds in the first half and then he went nuts. (12 min qtrs and 60 plays avg per team)

i have been reading this forum and posting (when need be) and every week there are posts about "The Run game sucks". It doesn't. It is realistic.

To wrap up, use the Bear D and the Goaline D very sparingly.

Flame away but I think the more experienced players will agree.

P.S. Has anyone ever, ever seen a blocked kick or a false start...sigh

CC

I have been saying the same thing for months. Learn how to call the right defenses and stay with in the scheme of the D.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:30 PM   #3
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

ChicagoChris said:
P.S. Has anyone ever, ever seen a blocked kick
CC

Stop complaining about blocked kicks. Learn how to play special teams. Learn to make the right call and you will block kicks just fine.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

The computer never has and never will block the Human's kicks. I've only blocked kicks by... well... kind of cheating.

You have to press Y/Triangle (Xbox/PS2) before the snap to bring up the audible menu, and you will notice that when you press up, down, left, or right, you will not move. This is similar to Madden with offisdes set to Off, because now you can be outside of the blockers and still start running at full speed exactly when the ball is snapped. Then srpint and try to go in and block the kick.

It's not easy, but it's a hell of a lot more possible than not doing that.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:42 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Never blocked kicks. I've blocked punts, but only when someone online is trying to punt it low to a certain side because they are afraid to kick to Santana Moss (Fetter).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2003, 07:03 PM   #6

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

Cardot said:
Quote:

ChicagoChris said:
CC

Stop complaining about blocked kicks. Learn how to play special teams. Learn to make the right call and you will block kicks just fine.

Ok Cardot. So you are telling us that you have blocked a kick without the described method above?

Can someone verify? We have all played alot of games and had alot of kicks (punts, field goals) and no one has had a block.

Explain yourself!
Old 11-17-2003, 07:07 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

ChicagoChris said:
Quote:

Cardot said:
Quote:

ChicagoChris said:
CC

Ok Cardot. So you are telling us that you have blocked a kick without the described method above?

Can someone verify? We have all played alot of games and had alot of kicks (punts, field goals) and no one has had a block.

Explain yourself!

Oh my god!!! I already explained it in my post above!!!

LOL just read it.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:11 PM   #8
*t's g*nn* b* L*g*nd*ry

jmw1137's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Never blocked kicks. I've blocked punts, but only when someone online is trying to punt it low to a certain side because they are afraid to kick to Santana Moss (Fetter).

I too blocked a punt against the computer--without any sort of cheating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »