Home

Innovative running and defensive idea for ESPN!!!!

This is a discussion on Innovative running and defensive idea for ESPN!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2003, 10:46 PM   #17
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Innovative running and defensive idea for ESPN!!!!

regarding tackles, remember, the NFL is a horrible tackling league
Old 12-07-2003, 10:50 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

NYG_Meth said:

really?? Is that why there are some people who always get 200 or more tackles every year at LB??? And alot more at around 150. And is that why some RB's are afraid of some defenders because it is a horrible tackling league? NFL is not a horrible tackling league. There may be some guys who are horrible at tackling and even a few teams, but the league overall is not a horrible tackling league, which is why most running backs don't average over 4 ypc. Against a team with a bad run D yeah, but against a team with a good run D, forget about it.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:12 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Can they be considered horrible or great? What other league is there to compare? The CFL?
Old 12-08-2003, 12:21 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

...I just hate tapping the button and would rather NOT have a charge button. I think the controls should be sort of like Madden but keep the shoulder charge button. But that tapping for speed burst-I would like it to go but I would still buy ESPN if they didn't change it...
Old 12-08-2003, 06:21 PM   #21
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I like the 'tap'...thought it was goofy at first but after numerous 'chise seasons I came to the conclusion that it maes it more realstic on run after catch b/c you need to maintain your 'momentum' on the tap or the pursuit will catch up...

I've had a few VERY entertaining runs for 6 jumping up off of my barstool (good TV height ) and tappin' like a fool to keep ahead of a DB etc...

Still...

YOU ARE ON TO SOMETHING...

Too bad these dipsh*t companies are too...too...I don't know..too comfortable?...arrogant?...to incorporate this and many other fine suggestions offered on this very board...

Maybe that will change..maybe not...

But every year around this time I start to get VERY interested in trying to find some development $$$...hire a few of you guys to consult....

AND FINALLY MAKE THE MOTHER OF ALL SIM FOOTBALL TITLES...

Oh well...

Still...nice work...very provocative...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2003, 06:56 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

You're not really getting that you don't have to tap the button. The only time you really should be tapping is if you're off to the races and in front of everybody. You NEVER have to tap before then.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:36 PM   #23
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

NYG_Meth said:

really?? Is that why there are some people who always get 200 or more tackles every year at LB??? And alot more at around 150. And is that why some RB's are afraid of some defenders because it is a horrible tackling league? NFL is not a horrible tackling league. There may be some guys who are horrible at tackling and even a few teams, but the league overall is not a horrible tackling league, which is why most running backs don't average over 4 ypc. Against a team with a bad run D yeah, but against a team with a good run D, forget about it.

I'm just saying, the tackling has gotten worse over the years, especially with defensive backs. Lots of players lead with their shoulders to try for the knock-out and rarely wrap up and tackle, thus... broken tackles. Ask any football analyst, they'll say the same.

--Of course you've still got players with great tackling technique (Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas, Mike Barrow), they're just becoming more of a rarity

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »