Home

Does FPM use the same engine as the normal gameplay?

This is a discussion on Does FPM use the same engine as the normal gameplay? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2003, 11:52 PM   #1
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18
Does FPM use the same engine as the normal gameplay?

I've wondered this every since I began my season in FPmode. The amount of broken tackles is way down. But I don't know if that is from the fact that the game slows down while changing players which allows you to get the better angle in making the tackle or if the game plays differently from the normal gameplay. Another question is maybe a 7 yard run doesn't like as bad when you are actually playing defense and you chase the ballcarrier across the field. But when you see him from the other angle you want to be able to make a play in the backfield. My friend just said I write to much so this is it..... for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2003, 06:15 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Does FPM use the same engine as the normal gameplay?

Quote:

tehova said:
I've wondered this every since I began my season in FPmode. The amount of broken tackles is way down. But I don't know if that is from the fact that the game slows down while changing players which allows you to get the better angle in making the tackle or if the game plays differently from the normal gameplay. Another question is maybe a 7 yard run doesn't like as bad when you are actually playing defense and you chase the ballcarrier across the field. But when you see him from the other angle you want to be able to make a play in the backfield. My friend just said I write to much so this is it..... for now.

I know what you mean, as I too highly doubt that they do. I found out by playing the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl in FPM, and the problem with the Super Bowl intro is that there aren't those special things, like the little flares and the big blowup football dudes, and for the Pro Bowl in 3rd person, the crowd cheers for both home and away, but in first person they don't, they just do for the home team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »