Home

Help, my O Line Vanished

This is a discussion on Help, my O Line Vanished within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2003, 11:39 PM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Help, my O Line Vanished

I don't claim to be a stud at this game, but with a few slider adjustments, I can play some competitive, balanced games with the CPU.

I was trucking along in my franchise, when I took a trip to the Meadowlands to face the Jets and my Offensive Line suddenly disappeared. All four defensive lineman were pretty much able to waltz around my O-line every play. On running plays, I usually had two guys on me before getting out of the backfield. On pass plays, I had about a second and a half to get rid of the ball with 7 defenders hanging back to drill my recievers or pick it off. On replays, I could see that my lineman weren't even touching the defenders....and it was happening on the entire line. Even double team blocks were ineffective.

Has anyone run into this before? If you were able to overcome it, I would appreciate any suggestions.

-Scott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2003, 04:37 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Help, my O Line Vanished

sounds like u need better sliders thats all (atleast blocking). I think i have mine at 2 and thats good for me.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:06 AM   #3
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

You may be right, but I hate to get into more slider adjustments. My blocking slider is at the default which seemed fine the first 12 games of the season.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:04 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Just wondering what speed you play at? I get good "normal/real" games from my sliders also. Occasionally something out of the "norm" will happen, I usually treat it like the players had a good game. If you have played 12 games with no problems, I wouldnt look into it to much.
Old 12-20-2003, 03:02 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

I play with the speed at fast. I think you are right, I'll just take is as a game where my team came out flat.....it happens to just about every team at least a few times a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2003, 12:38 PM   #6
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

that just happens some games. when that happens, i sometimes try changing to my back-ups. or i start changing my plays to stuff i dont often run.

and if this would happen in real life, which it does, the staff would start using roll-outs and mis-direction. the jets sacked my a ton in the playoffs my first or second year. they are good on the d-line that year. so just figure out how to beat teams that have an advantage over your team. that is what makes this game great.

try not to adjust sliders just because one game you couldn't do stuff. in this game soemtimes your players just have bad days or are over-matched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »