Home

The Super Bowl

This is a discussion on The Super Bowl within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2004, 11:09 AM   #1
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
The Super Bowl

After falling short in year 1 I finally made it to the Super Bowl in year 2. I don't know if it was just because it was the Raiders and Bucs again or what, but I felt like VC did an amazing job making this game actually feel like it was a huge deal. The game intro was pretty nice and the field was amazing. Next year a little extra stuff after the game wouldn't be bad, but I've gotta congradulate them on doing a great job of improving on what had been done in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2004, 06:51 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: The Super Bowl

The thing I like most about the Super Bowl, even though it is a little touch, is the painted team endzones and the AFC/NFC logos on the 30 yard line. I know it is small, but it makes it look just like the Super Bowl field. What is great is that they use the "dressed up" team endzones instead of just the regular season ones just like the real game. What I mean is that Miami has just the "Dolphins" logo in the enzone without the rest of the enzone being painted in the regular season. In the super bowl in my franchise they had the logo of course, but the whole enzone background was painted Dolphin orange, nice touch.

VC is getting close.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:32 PM   #3
MVP

wayne23's Arena

OVR: 14

How about the Jets flying over the stadium after the National Anthem...
Old 01-01-2004, 08:35 PM   #4
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

wayne23 said:
How about the Jets flying over the stadium after the National Anthem...

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that at all, it was kinda cool. There's always next year.

But yeah Mark, those endzones were the best part of the whole field probably, also the logo in the center that said 2005 Super Bowl was great too. I did expect to see a coach get hit with some gatorade though.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:03 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

ya i wnated to see the shower too. I think the begining of the superbowl is good but you can tell towards then end they didnt put much effort in it. IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2004, 09:50 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I also agree. The field looked great and the pregame was cool, but then it fizzled once you got to halftime and post game.

I applaud Sega for a good improvement from previous versions, and I am hoping that Sega develops this aspet of the game further next year.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:04 PM   #7
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah the playoff and Super Bowl presentation should be HUGE and have EVERYthing that a real Super Bowl broadcast entails pre-game, halftime (maybe), and ESPECIALLY Post-game. I hope they Improve the SB presentation for First person Football as well. Theres absolutely no difference between the SB and a regular season game in First Person Mode and that was really ...REALLY dissappointing.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:18 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

It would be nice if they had something for the conference championships too. Nothing big, maybe just a 5 second scene sending a team of to the big game. Actually, 2 or 3 different scenes that would randomly pop up would keep it fresh over multiple seasons.

I wouldn't mind a little more variety in the regular season pregames too. I can only watch that guy say "Hi Mom, we number 1" and the kicker warm up into the screen so many times before by-passing the whole thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »