Home

my superbowl impressions

This is a discussion on my superbowl impressions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
my superbowl impressions

so i finally just played the SB for the first time. first of all, the intro is fantastic! jets screaming across the skyline, players running out of the tunnel, man it totally got me psyched. now for the celebration. i had read that espn was pumping up it's superbowl celebration as the best ever but let me say, it was very disappointing. it was better than madden but i was quite let down by the ending. oh well, i'm glad to finally have won it, and the inro made it all worth it.

brian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2004, 07:53 PM   #2
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: my superbowl impressions

Yeah the ending needs to be the entire focus for the Super Bowl in 2k5.

but watching the Ravens/titans game today....VC has got o Upgrade the Atmosphere of the playoffs in 2k5. Louder Crowds...different Cutscenes than you'd see in reg-season games....More player celebrations....especially after big defensive and special teams plays....

Basically just more NOISE...More Sights and Sounds!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 04:51 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

I have been to the Super Bowl once with my Bears and once with my Broncos. Neither of them had the Jet Flyover. Now, both were in Houston's Stadium so does this mean that the flyover is in outdoor stadiums only? Or is there a special setting you have to have the game on in order to see this?

I agree about the letdown too. The beginning is fantastic with the balloon players on the field, the teams coming out of the helmets and the fireworks. GOOD STUFF! But when you win it, you realize that the end is nowhere near as exciting and lengthy as the intro. Where are the players dunking the Gatorade on the coach? Where are the players hoisting their coach on their shoulders and running out onto the field? Where is the close-up cut scene of a losing team member just staring up at the scoreboard in disbelief? Where are the Championship Caps and T-Shirts? Where is the Vince Lombardi Trophy Presentation Ceremony? Where is the Super Bowl MVP Trophy Presentation? Where is the player's 'stadium run around' with the trophy?

Can you imagine the pageantry the ENTIRE Super Bowl could have if Sega was able to even get about 60% of the Xbox's capabilities into the game? Talk about a reason to make the playoffs!
Old 01-09-2004, 08:06 PM   #4
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Yeah the ending needs to be the entire focus for the Super Bowl in 2k5.

but watching the Ravens/titans game today....VC has got o Upgrade the Atmosphere of the playoffs in 2k5. Louder Crowds...different Cutscenes than you'd see in reg-season games....More player celebrations....especially after big defensive and special teams plays....

Basically just more NOISE...More Sights and Sounds!!!

I was thinking the same thing. I was playing a playoff game and I was noticing how quiet the crowd noise is after watching the games on tv.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:06 PM   #5
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
I have been to the Super Bowl once with my Bears and once with my Broncos. Neither of them had the Jet Flyover. Now, both were in Houston's Stadium so does this mean that the flyover is in outdoor stadiums only? Or is there a special setting you have to have the game on in order to see this?

I agree about the letdown too. The beginning is fantastic with the balloon players on the field, the teams coming out of the helmets and the fireworks. GOOD STUFF! But when you win it, you realize that the end is nowhere near as exciting and lengthy as the intro. Where are the players dunking the Gatorade on the coach? Where are the players hoisting their coach on their shoulders and running out onto the field? Where is the close-up cut scene of a losing team member just staring up at the scoreboard in disbelief? Where are the Championship Caps and T-Shirts? Where is the Vince Lombardi Trophy Presentation Ceremony? Where is the Super Bowl MVP Trophy Presentation? Where is the player's 'stadium run around' with the trophy?

Can you imagine the pageantry the ENTIRE Super Bowl could have if Sega was able to even get about 60% of the Xbox's capabilities into the game? Talk about a reason to make the playoffs!

I've seen the flyovers and they are nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »