Home

Old 01-04-2004, 09:37 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
aw man!

well, i'm starting to see why i had no problem trading this game in earlier this year. the reason i decided to try the coordinator thing was to see if i could find a none slider related way to contain backs. after that first game i thought i might be on to something. then in the second game that i was playing i just quit with the lead.

i quit because i had just witnessed 3 consecutive 1-play 75 yd td drives. the first one was a 75-yd pass from brees to dwight. i'm playing with the chargers so i was like okay cool. i then force the vikings to punt and the next play was 75-yd td run by tomlinson. the next was a 75-yd td run by moe williams. a decent back but not a 200-yds through 3 quarters back.

i'm just so pissed right now. i have to devise a plan to get my money back from wal-mart. i sure hope i come up with something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2004, 01:11 AM   #2
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: aw man!

Quote:

NoleFan said:
well, i'm starting to see why i had no problem trading this game in earlier this year. the reason i decided to try the coordinator thing was to see if i could find a none slider related way to contain backs. after that first game i thought i might be on to something. then in the second game that i was playing i just quit with the lead.

i quit because i had just witnessed 3 consecutive 1-play 75 yd td drives. the first one was a 75-yd pass from brees to dwight. i'm playing with the chargers so i was like okay cool. i then force the vikings to punt and the next play was 75-yd td run by tomlinson. the next was a 75-yd td run by moe williams. a decent back but not a 200-yds through 3 quarters back.

i'm just so pissed right now. i have to devise a plan to get my money back from wal-mart. i sure hope i come up with something.

so you're taking the game back (again) because you don't know how to stop the run? Gimme a break You don't know WHAT the hell you wanna play, man. lol! Oh well, hope you get your moneyback. Sucks you couldn't get back into it.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:17 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

NoleFan said:

so you're taking the game back (again) because you don't know how to stop the run? Gimme a break You don't know WHAT the hell you wanna play, man. lol! Oh well, hope you get your moneyback. Sucks you couldn't get back into it.

REad it again, I think he is more upset because there were just too many big plays and he is wondering where the hell is the defense????? Although both of those teams have mediocre defenses, 1 play drives LOL. IT sounds like he is mad because 1) the A.I can't stop him and 2) he's having trouble stopping the A.I. Dunno.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:28 AM   #4
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

NoleFan said:

REad it again, I think he is more upset because there were just too many big plays and he is wondering where the hell is the defense????? Although both of those teams have mediocre defenses, 1 play drives LOL. IT sounds like he is mad because 1) the A.I can't stop him and 2) he's having trouble stopping the A.I. Dunno.

Yeah I see. But he did get ate up by Moe Williams. Maybe you're overreacting, Nolefan. But hey...its your money, man. A.I. Flaws and all this is still a great football game and I couldn't fathom takin it back but thats just me.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:47 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

well i could sh_t wal-mart into giving me my money back so i came home and did something that i really hate doing and i adjust some sliders. i set the difficulty to all-pro first off. then i just raised the 3 human defensive sliders to 30 and dropped the fatigue to 10. i did the same for the cpu and it's alot harder. so my 'custom' difficulty is all-pro offense for both sides-human defense is pro-cpu defense is legend-human fatigue is legend and cpu fatigue is pro. it seems that with the pursuit set to 30 the guys get there a helluva lot faster thus having more guys around the ball to stop the run. essentially, the way it should be. i sure as hell hope this holds up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2004, 10:44 PM   #6
kac
Pro

OVR: 4

I agree.I have been playing this game for a month and i like it alot but i hate adjusting sliders it just feels cheap.The broken tackles by the cpu rbs are just crazy.And when you do adjust the sliders you cant unlock anything in the crib.I want a football game i can play straight out of the box with no slider adjusting.And I did not get my wish with any of the games this year.Im not looking for perfection just a balanced game.Please dont take this as an espn bashing im just frustrated madden dissapointed me this year too.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:28 PM   #7
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

NoleFan said:
well i could sh_t wal-mart into giving me my money back so i came home and did something that i really hate doing and i adjust some sliders. i set the difficulty to all-pro first off. then i just raised the 3 human defensive sliders to 30 and dropped the fatigue to 10. i did the same for the cpu and it's alot harder. so my 'custom' difficulty is all-pro offense for both sides-human defense is pro-cpu defense is legend-human fatigue is legend and cpu fatigue is pro. it seems that with the pursuit set to 30 the guys get there a helluva lot faster thus having more guys around the ball to stop the run. essentially, the way it should be. i sure as hell hope this holds up.

Gee, those look familiar. oh yeah, THOSE ARE THE ONES YOU USED IN THE SLIDER THREAD ORIGINALLY!!!

I have been using them ever since you posted them, NoleFan. Why you strayed from them I will never know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »